Author Topic: Thanks to all the Volunteers  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Thanks to all the Volunteers
« on: July 01, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »
In my "Race Official" (said so on the side of my truck) position, let me add an official "Thank You" to all the volunteers who made this happen.  We were a bit short on vols at the start of the meet, but many stepped forward to fill in and it went just great.  We drafted Luke's girlfriend, Greta, to handle timing slips and she did a great job - Luke has been covering shutdown for us.  Capt'n Joe (from Carjunkietv) showed up, so we stuck him at shutdown, which gave Luke and Ken a chance to make a few runs.    Steve (White Monster on Carjunkie) stole Luke's Camaro and made a "D" license pass to get started actually going down the track.  Marci (Tom Schaffer's SO) was drafted by Al and helped all weekend at the start line.  But I think my favorite volunteer story of the weekend was when Keith decided we needed to implement pre-staging.  I went into the bleachers and grabbed a couple of fellas who were just innocently sitting there - Bud and Buddy - turned out to be father and son.  They just fell right in and did a great job for us.  We stole 3 guys to pick up cones the same way - sorry I didn't retain your names.  And of course there were our "old faithfuls" - Mark at start, Kim at the gate, the Babes in the Box, and some guy named Al, with Scott wandering around doing whatever needed doing.  Don't let me forget the bike inspectors - Jon, Deb, Todd, and several others, not all of whom I know.  And Keith and Joe, too.  All in all, I think everyone had a good time and we still got the meet run efficiently and, most importantly, safely.

THANKS TO ALL

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline TRNorBRN6001

Re: Thanks to all the Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
I think them fellas you and Kieth had on cone duty were all part of TFA. Ryan (osti33), Karl (Entropy), Daniel (His #2 son), and we also picked up Deb and her daughter after the first plane went down the runway. TFA would be honored to do it again for our next Maxton venture.  :-)   :-)   :-)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
Re: Thanks to all the Volunteers
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »

Marci (Tom Schaffer's SO) was drafted by Al and helped all weekend at the start line. 

Dan

Thanks for all the volunteer support! As I told Al, while waiting to run...Marci was a welcome addition to the starting line  8-)

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc