Author Topic: June Maxton Results  (Read 29760 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: June Maxton Results
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »
Terry, I will be there in Sept, hope you have time to come hang out... I will most likely not have the black trailer,I will use my white one,,,,Look for me in the same area (I hope)

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »
2000 Kawasaki Green ZX-12 Stroker with juice and one fat old dumb guy on it 210.4 mph

First off I just want to thank everyone at Maxton, they are some real nice folks there. They would give you the shirt off their back even if you didn't ask for any help. Second, hanging with the TFA is always the best!!!!!!!!! Thanks Karl (Entropy) for making this trip possible for me, I would not have done it without you. Great to meet all the people I have talked to online but never met in person. Special thanks to Mr. JohnnyCheese for putting together a bullet proof stroker that is my regular street bike. In his words "who says you can't run a stroker 12 on juice and have it live". The bike now has a few Texas Mile visits, about 4k street miles, a ton of Dyno pulls with and without juice, and one special visit to Maxton. It'll be a sad day when I have to retire the old 12 to street duty, but my Bro and I now have a designated LSR project bike. Maybe one last go at Texas and Maxton.

OldKawBoy, Dan, the kids, Mr. Hill It was a pleasure meeting you all. Same withY2k, Jim,TShultz, Ex-skydiver, ZRXDean, Joe (tech guy from Long Island), Ice Man, Bill, Todd, Deb, and those people I never new till that day like Kieth, Jon "SSS" and Al, quirky but real nice!

Special congrats to Karl "Entropy" 203mph and Ryan "Osti33" 200mph. I am sure this is just the beginning of TFA ventures to Maxton.

Thank you much Mr. Hill for giving me the go at the start line!

PS: Yep, that would be my muffler that popped. I usually do not leave the juice on when I shift, but I was in 5th comming up real close to the one mile marker and did not feel I had time to let off. So I assume a little nos was left in the muffler and ignited. Mr. Hill said he saw it from the start line, I did not hear or feel anything and did not realize it until someone said something to me. I jumped off the bike and grabbed Kieth immediately so they could shut the track down. Sorry about that.

Thanks again you all,

Gary Dow

Offline TRNorBRN6001

Offline smcleod007

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2008, 02:33:04 AM »
Bill's putting it in the trailer now -- after one last run -- 246.778 mph.

Wow, the naked speeds are skyrocketing. Congrats to Bill and John for breaking the 240.xxx barrier and to Scott Honer for a new naked club entry.  :mrgreen:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
Gary ... It is good that we continue to have a good turn out ... having new (to Maxton) competitors like yourself that know what it is all about makes it easy ... Joe Daly (tech guy from Long Island)

Offline dwphotos

• New folks
    • DW Photos Online
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
CK,
      I'm glad you liked the pic. I'm glad I was able to get your run that day. If you need something bigger let me know. All my contact info is on my website.  www.dwphotosonline.com I hope to be back at the next meet in Sept. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there.

Thanks
DW

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »
Gary ... It is good that we continue to have a good turn out ... having new (to Maxton) competitors like yourself that know what it is all about makes it easy ... Joe Daly (tech guy from Long Island)
Joe, good to see you again last weekend. Send me your address...we seem to have ended up with your rule book. I will send it back to you.
Randy
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline White Monster

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
I posted a bunch of pix from the June meet in my online gallery.  You can see them here:

Thanks Mark, I used one of them for my avatar, can I get an official license release ?
 :-D
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline WildBro

Re: Bill runs AWESOME SPEED
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
With what Bill did with the V-Max to run over 200 mph and NAKED I cannot think of a more deserving, hard working builder, tuner and owner.  Bill I give you a serious applaud and am glad to have met you.  :lol:

Congrats and make sure you enjoy this time as it is very special and to have the respect of your fellow racers means the most!

Jason and I are amazed at your success in such a short time, you have a bright and insane future at the "sport" we call Land Speed Racing!

J

Thank you very much John.  This means a lot to me.  I look forward to racing side by side with you and Jason.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline WildBro

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »

Bill Warner is very close to being the first
bike rider to earn his AA License NAKED !

Congrats to Bill for unprecedented
naked speeds anywhere on the planet !

:-D  That would be kind of cool.

Arn't all AA members a friend of Bill W. ??

Bill
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:58:27 PM by WildBro »

Offline WildBro

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »
i think we need to get a couple of t-shirts with bulls-eyes on the back and hand them out to the top speed of the year faired and naked.

I missed giving props to Scott Horner on his entry to the Maxton 2 club naked. that makes 3 two clubs for Horner Naked each time.

Congrats to Scott and Bill two of the real nice guys in LSR!

I know what we can put on the front.  I can't post the pic here, so I'll email it to you Jason. Feel free to forward it to John  :-D

Bill

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »

Bill Warner is very close to being the first
bike rider to earn his AA License NAKED !

Congrats to Bill for unprecedented
naked speeds anywhere on the planet !

:-D  That would be kind of cool.

Arn't all AA members a friend of Bill W. ??

Bill

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:37:55 AM by DahMurf »
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

racin jason

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 11:42:24 PM »
got the email Bill.

im going to use it at work tomorrow. :-D

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »
I have to ask -- just what image or video did photobucket remove?  Chances are that a few of us would like to see it to decide on our own if it should be edited.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
I have to ask -- just what image or video did photobucket remove?  Chances are that a few of us would like to see it to decide on our own if it should be edited.

ahhh don't get excited! It was just a smiley! I moved it's location and had an A.D.D. night last night & didn't fix my post! It's all fixed now but I'm sure you'll be disappointed...

Now if we can get the naked boys to share their picture maybe we can all join in the fun! How bout it guys? If it's not TOO bad you can send it to me & I'll stick it on our web site in a folder & add a link (link not picture post) for those that want to see. (or just mail it to me cause I'm that kinda gal & I wanna see!!!  :-D )

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: