Author Topic: June Maxton Results  (Read 29758 times)

Offline krusty

Re: June Maxton Results
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »
Thank you Joe&Donna,Keith&Tonya, volunteer workers, and fellow competitors for a wonderful (warm) weekend @ Maxton. A failed fuel pump delayed our first run Saturday (while warming up in line), but after a quick trip to AutoZone our two rookie drivers combined for six runs and 2 C licenses while trying to go faster with our B'ville (and only) gear (2.75) and a big drop into 3rd (T350). Other than the fuel pump ( and a speeding ticket for me from Keith<sorry>), the 906 modified roadster ran flawlessly. Mucho thanks to my good friend and data engineer Tim Turner who helped me "final thrash" the car and relieved me of data duties during the weekend. Thanks to all for compliments on and interest in the car.    vic

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »
Charles, how fast did you go?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »
Fred,

My first run was 103.?? mph... I was going to fast to soon in second so as not to get in trouble I backed out in high gear and lost all my RPM's and coasted thru the traps.

The second run was better, I shifted into 3rd (high gear) and just held my RPM's at 5,000 then as I saw the traps, I nudged up to just over 5100rpms and went thru with a 126.98  and got my D license and the record.

Did not make any runs on Sunday.
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
My Son and I had a great time also as first time participants. Our 1986 Monte Carlo exceeded our expectations with me setting a baseline run of 109.603 and then my Son running 105.878 w/ the A/C on ! Then he went out again and ran 111.259 for our fastest MPH of the weekend.

We felt rather good considering the 305 cid engine is 23 yrs. old, has 162,500 miles on it, has never been touched and is stock from the air filter to the tail pipes including all emissions equipment.

It was also nice to meet a few new people with Charles and Shawn being a couple of them.

As it has been mentioned ALL of the ECTA Volunteers and Staff were great to talk to and were very helpful. We're both looking forward to going out there again next year with a fresh engine, both of us getting our " D " License and then getting a couple of 135 MPH timeslips before we retire this car and build a real LSR Car.

Thanks to everyone we met and spoke with you all really made this weekend more enjoyable.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »
My Son and I had a great time also as first time participants. Our 1986 Monte Carlo exceeded our expectations with me setting a baseline run of 109.603 and then my Son running 105.878 w/ the A/C on ! Then he went out again and ran 111.259 for our fastest MPH of the weekend.

We felt rather good considering the 305 cid engine is 23 yrs. old, has 162,500 miles on it, has never been touched and is stock from the air filter to the tail pipes including all emissions equipment.

It was also nice to meet a few new people with Charles and Shawn being a couple of them.

As it has been mentioned ALL of the ECTA Volunteers and Staff were great to talk to and were very helpful. We're both looking forward to going out there again next year with a fresh engine, both of us getting our " D " License and then getting a couple of 135 MPH timeslips before we retire this car and build a real LSR Car.

Thanks to everyone we met and spoke with you all really made this weekend more enjoyable.

Duane it was great that the two of you got to do this together and the car did good.

c ya in August,

Sum

Super Kaz

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
i think we need to get a couple of t-shirts with bulls-eyes on the back and hand them out to the top speed of the year faired and naked.

I missed giving props to Scott Horner on his entry to the Maxton 2 club naked. that makes 3 two clubs for Horner Naked each time.

Congrats to Scott and Bill two of the real nice guys in LSR!

AMEN and Way to Go :-o!!!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
This is starting to sound like the ECNTA, East Coast Nudest Timing Assoc.  :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
Glen, does the new Nudist Camp have any models that can pose with the cars ?  F1  has those umbrella girls, the rat rods have them pin up girls,, what do us LSR guys get ?

E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline t russell

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
HI Keith Turk how many car/bikes were there?
terry
(out of the dog house sense the bike is gone) :-D

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
First off thanks to all of you...

Charlie and Bill need thier damn heads examined... Saw Charlie freaking sideways way over 2 bills...    Ain't no way in HELL I'd get my nappy butt... nevermind... thanks for the show.... 

115 entries last count... few more scooters then cars... but about 50/50 Terry...

Now that the bike is home I'm going to have to sort out where it lives... Hmmm

oh and the other new one... Himmm

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Freud

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »
Keith, you are to be congratulated in the improvements that you have made is a short time. There are many very happy racers who have your facility to enjoy.

GREAT JOB.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
Freud, Tonya and Donna do all of the work as does Debbie. KT is using babble speak to keep people happy. They really have made a lot of changes this past winter and of course safer to race.  :-D :?
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »
Kieth, thanks for your help along the way and your words of wisdom in the Tech line.  You are a cool cat under hot and tireless conditions.  See you in September...

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
First off thanks to all of you...

Charlie and Bill need thier damn heads examined... Saw Charlie freaking sideways way over 2 bills...    Ain't no way in HELL I'd get my nappy butt... nevermind... thanks for the show.... 

115 entries last count... few more scooters then cars... but about 50/50 Terry...

Now that the bike is home I'm going to have to sort out where it lives... Hmmm

oh and the other new one... Himmm

K

Keith, my hat's off to you, Donna, Joe , Tonya, Al, Dan, John, Todd, Deb and everyone else that I can't remember to name right now. The amount you all accomplish to make a successful event for all of us is phenomenal. Thanks so much again for a fun time!!
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 09:19:25 PM »
Randy,  glad to finally meet you, thanks for stopping by and saying hello.

Congrats on the records,, man you looked smooth and fast....

Charles

Charles, it was a pleasure to meet you and congrats on your record the first time out!!

I did get one pic of your car...man, it sure is beautiful!!

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc