Author Topic: Window net mounting  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Geo

Window net mounting
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
Next on the to do list is the window/door net.  What are you mounting the top bar with?  When road racing we bought a "seat belt" type latch mounting kit. 

Next question, I have so much to learn...

How does the course worker open the window net?  Is there a gap in the net near the latch for a hand from the outside?

Does the position of the latch matter?  Top front?  Top rear?

The rear would work better with our car.

Thanks again,

Geo

Offline RichFox

Re: Window net mounting
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:35 PM »
I use the seat belt type of latch. My relase is to the rear since I sit in the back seat area of my car. Many more conventinal seated cars have the release in front. Which ever makes sense for your application is right. On my car the release is apparent from the in or outside. It's on the end of the net and can be easley operated from either. Yours should be the same.

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Window net mounting
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »
Geo, I also have the seat belt style mount in my car, with enough gap to the net for the safety guy to reach it.  I am thinking about changing to a cam-over style latch as I have had my seat belt latch jam before, and if its on fire, I want out quikly.  Also with the cam style latch you can put a pull flag out through the net for the safety workers to quickly access. 
  As far as placement, make it where you can reach it as soon as your belts are undone, but not where you might accidently open it in a rollover crash.
  Most of the net manufacturers will build a net to your dimensions, and the important thing the safety guys will insist on is that your arm or leg cannot fit between the net and the roll cage.
Bob Drury