Author Topic: Introducing Myself - See You in Person Friday  (Read 6392 times)

Offline MiltonP

Introducing Myself - See You in Person Friday
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
My name is Milton Paul but I respond to Milt or even 'hey you' for that matter!  I live in Winchester, Virginia and have been a fan of all forms of motorsports though new to LSR.  I live 15 minutes from a road course and got into driving a Miata on track touring to 10 tracks over the past few years.

My buddies, who I go to races with, decided we should go to Bonneville in 2009.  I did a little research and learned about the 30 mph club out at the flats and decided to take my Miata out there and run it instead of just watching everyone else.  A little more research led me to ECTA and here I am.  Now I am more psyched about maxton 5 times a year.

I drove the car to Sebring June 15th for its final road event for the year and changed its number over to the 9201 to me last week.  Add in a new /5 drivers suit and a round of fluid changes and I will be heading to Maxton early Friday.  I am hoping one of my buddies will meet me there Saturday.  I got a hitch for the Miata to haul down a small trailer in the future but not this event so my pit will be quite minimal.  Enough for now.  See you all this weekend.  I am staying at the Jameson Inn by the way.   Milt

Offline t russell

Re: Introducing Myself - See You in Person Friday
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
Welcome you are going to have a blast.Bring water,sun screen and watch out for those damn fire ants.
terry

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »
Hey Milt,  good luck.  I have been to Maxton many times but this weekend will be my first with my new car. (as long as things continue on with no more hick ups.  Hope to see you there.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline MiltonP

Thanks Folks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
My Miata has been very good to me during my road circuit tour so I am hoping for more of the same from it.  It might even appreciate the break from 30 minute track sessions.  Most of the folks at work don't associate normally aspirated Miatas with LSR but then again they feel you need a Porsche or Vette to run the road courses! 

I'll have my folding chair with me so hopefully i can find a little shade somewhere when not running or wandering!  I drove by the airfield on the way back from Sebring to get the lay of the land.  Think I will avoid 401 on the way down and come across from Lumberton!  :-)

I thought I read something about having to use gasoline from a vendor on site.  Thinking I read that wrong unless everyone drains there tanks on site.  Did I read it wrong?  Thanks again.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:06:17 AM »
Milt,

Welcome to the Maxton family.

We trailer the car with an empty fuel cell so I can't offer any advice there, maybe someone else can chime in or send you a PM.

I-91, 691, I-84, I-81, I-66, 17, I-95 to 74 works well for us.  All goes well loading tomorrow we should have a  Thurs AM underway time.  Usually wimp out [can't hack the straight thru's like we usta'] and grab a room in Southern VA off 95 for an arrival  noonish or a little earlier Fri.

Will be looking for you, Charles, and Shawn, hope you all have safe, fun, and fast first trips.

Terry, I know you can come up with the trick rear tread pattern combo's if needed!

Take care all,

Ed Purinton sometimes go-fer on the 260 crew

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Thanks Folks
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
Hi Milt,
Is it possble you're coworkers are questioning your Miata's capability more so because you are trying to enter a 30mph club with it?  :lol: - just kidding.

I'll have my folding chair with me so hopefully i can find a little shade somewhere when not running or wandering! 

Shade a plenty in the pits... a small unbrella is a valuable item also, and if you carry a handheld CB with you to catch the tower announcmements you're sure to have pletny of friends when the cool stuff runs.

I thought I read something about having to use gasoline from a vendor on site.  Thinking I read that wrong unless everyone drains there tanks on site. 

Track supplied gas is required if running in a gas class. It's my (mis?)understanding, and for cars only not bikes mind you :roll:... that there's an exception for cars running in an SS class.

Look forward to meeting you,
Todd

Usually wimp out [can't hack the straight thru's like we usta'] and grab a room in Southern VA off 95 for an arrival  noonish or a little earlier Fri.

Ed,
There's a Comfort Inn at I-95 exit #33 before the NC border there... fair price, nice staff, real clean rooms and safe parking lot. There's a new hotel next to it now also and is owned by the same guy that owns the Comfort Inn, so I imagine it's a peace of mind stop as well.
Todd 

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:21:55 AM »
      Thanks Todd, info is now in the reference log in case the need arises when we are in the area.

Ed

Offline ShawnT

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
Hey Milt, this will be my first time as well and can't wait to meet all you guys/gals. I'll be driving the car to the event as well, I thought about putting a hitch on, but didn't really have time for it. I've bought one of those ez-up deals for some shade so feel free to hang out. I'll be leaving around 4 am and hope to make it there by noon on friday , if you guys see a red mustang with flames while on your way feel free to honk, wave, throw the finger whatever. Good luck to everyone else and once again can't wait to meet ya'll.
Later,
Shawn
Shawn
86 mustang

Offline RayKimbro

• Go fast, be safe - don't mess up
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Another NoVa racer - welcome to the fold, Milt!

I think that you'll have a ball!  As Shawn mentioned an EZ-up is a worthwhile expenditure - it gets HOT on the concrete.

Watch the speed traps in Emporia - about 10 miles north of the VA/NC border on I-95.

Be safe, and have fun!

Ray Kimbro -
Don't BS on the track - that's what the internet is for.

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
About the EZ Up's   are you saying that we need to have an EZ Up over our car when in line at the starting area (staging lanes )   or do you mean in the pits to shade us when not in line ?

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »
About the EZ Up's   are you saying that we need to have an EZ Up over our car when in line at the starting area (staging lanes )   or do you mean in the pits to shade us when not in line ?

Charles

In the pits & bring some heavy junk to help weight them down as well! (generators & spare tires tethered with a tie down work well) We get some good wind gusts from time to time. Not usually in June when we actually need them to cool off, but it is common. I've seen tarps & poles blown into cars before & it's not a pretty site. Last meet, at the very end during breakdown, we almost had our own 30 person tarp ride when the vendor's cover tried to take flight in the heavy wind! It literally took 30 of us to tame that beast but we gotter dun!

For the staging lanes I highly recommend a golf umbrella. It's big enough for decent shade & small enough to control & store on the sides when not in use. ($10-$15 at Walmart in the sporting dept)

Welcome to all of our new racers coming out! I hope to meet you all but I can already see that's going to be a tall task! I'll be the girly tech helping to inspect bikes on Friday (mostly the gear & paperwork) so if you see me  stop by & say hey & that you're on LR.com & give me your screen name & all. I will answer to DahMurf or Murf as it's not just my online id but my actual nickname!
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline MiltonP

Re: Introducing Myself - See You in Person Friday - CB Query
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
What!!!  No umbrella girls like in F1?  Shoot, i'm going back to the road circuits.   :-D   Plan on carrying a second set of wheels once i have the trailer set up so figure one set will be good for anchoring an ez-up.  May need to go handheld cb shopping.  Any tips on inexpensive ones that hold up nicely?

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »
Milt,   the only hand helds I know of are  Cobra and Midland,  My Cobra also has wetaher band so I like it the best.  Any big truck stop should have CB's  ,, Some Radio Shcks have them in stock and in the yellow pages you can look for independent CB/Radio shops they tend to have them as well.

I think ECTA broadcasts on channel 1  (or 2) but I think it is 1

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
As to the F1 Umbrella Girls, Milt  man that is a good idea... Since my 33 Vicky is kinda old school/Not quite rat rod, maybe those pin up girls from the rat rod magazines would work... MMM  that would make the heat
"bare"-able.. LOL

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »
Good luck Milt, hope to meet you on Friday :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc