Author Topic: USFRA and SCTA records??  (Read 4727 times)

Offline isiahstites

USFRA and SCTA records??
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:24:46 PM »
I have been told records set at the USFRA meet are considered SCTA records and go in the SCTA rule book, I have also been told the opposite. So which is it? I can't make Speed Week so I am considering going to the USFRA meet instead of World Finals in hopes that my chances are better that the earlier event won't get rained out. If USFRA records don't go in the book I will take my chances with the Finals event.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: USFRA and SCTA records??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »
I have been told records set at the USFRA meet are considered SCTA records and go in the SCTA rule book, I have also been told the opposite. So which is it? I can't make Speed Week so I am considering going to the USFRA meet instead of World Finals in hopes that my chances are better that the earlier event won't get rained out. If USFRA records don't go in the book I will take my chances with the Finals event.

Scott

Scott,

USFRA records will go in to the SCTA book....as long as it fits the class and passes tech..

Offline DallasV

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »
They share records and USFRA uses the SCTA rulebook. A SCTA representative will be at impound at the USFRA meet to verify records.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:35:39 PM by DallasV »
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys..........I will shoot for the USFRA event and pray it doesn't rain and if does take my chances at Finals.

Scott

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:09:28 AM »
ga`day scott,,, i have enjoyed following your progress/adventure from here "down under", good stuff,,,, hope you get the  record that ya gunning for, before you go up to bonneville dont forget to shorten up your bodywork at the back. i am consulting the 2007 scta rulebook here and it says no bodywork to extend further than a vertical line from the rear edge of the rear tire,, would hate to see ya get there, run the record and then miss out,,,

all the best, ronnie...
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:28 AM »
ga`day scott,,, i have enjoyed following your progress/adventure from here "down under", good stuff,,,, hope you get the  record that ya gunning for, before you go up to bonneville dont forget to shorten up your bodywork at the back. i am consulting the 2007 scta rulebook here and it says no bodywork to extend further than a vertical line from the rear edge of the rear tire,, would hate to see ya get there, run the record and then miss out,,,

all the best, ronnie...

Ronnie thanks for the kind words. My rule book says the bodywork for a special construction motorcycle can extend 8 inches past the vertical line of the rear edge of the rear tire. The bike has been inspected twice this year by SCTA inspectors at El Mirage and passed with flying colors. These same inspectors are the ones who inspect at Bonneville.

Thanks for the concern and attempt to help me out.

Scott

Offline joea

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:28:01 AM »
Yes Ronnie, keep reading the rule book, look at ALL the partially steamlined
rules.....they do allow extension beyond rear edge of rear tire.......

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
arrrrr, so it dose, so it dose, my bad :-) 8-)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:51:35 PM »

No worries, I know you were trying to help and I appreciate that.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »

Scott, you had better watch this guy, when we raced in Australia in 06 he beat a several turbo bikes and actually had the third fastest overall time for a motorcycle and he was running an all motor ZX-12 Cowasawkey,  Sam ran 249 or so, I ran 239 and Ronnie ran better than a few turbo busas including the one that held the track record..he is a good bloke however.. :mrgreen:  He is always trying to help..

J