Author Topic: 2 riders, 1 bike. Of course it's complicated, why not?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline SGVridgerunner

• New folks
  • SCREAM!! <Shift> BIGGER SCREAM!!!!
2 riders, 1 bike. Of course it's complicated, why not?
« on: June 20, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
Hello all,

I have a question for this weekend. After watching the fun last month, my wife has decided to join in and wants to run the Busa this month.
My question is - can both of us run on the same bike provided we get two runs? I'm guessing so, and I just have to sacrifice one of my runs to let her go, but I want to make sure.
Here's where I get a little confused though. She'll be starting in the rookie line, and my starting position is in the 180's. Will there be any conflict if she starts first even though the bike is slated to start 180 something?

Thanks and see you all out there.
"If it requires a helmet, it's probably fun!!"
El Mirage record: 207.184 - 1350 APS-G
Dirty 2 club member
Mojave Mile 2-club member
Mojave Magnum 2-club member

Offline desotoman

Re: 2 riders, 1 bike. Of course it's complicated, why not?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
IMO I don't foresee any problems, as long as you only run once per round. Just double check when you get out to El Mirage. Good luck.

Tom G.

PS. Your wife is an SCTA member correct?
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: 2 riders, 1 bike. Of course it's complicated, why not?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »
Your starting position doesn't count for her run from the rookie line. You can run anytime after the first 25 have started. When you run is up to how many are in front of you and the starters discretion.

After her run you will have to wait for the second round to make your run. If there is a second round. You run the risk of not being able to run at all.

It's up to the wind and track condition gods.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.