Author Topic: Maxton  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Maxton
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »
Hope the event and the racers have a great week end, The new cars and bikes and the old timers go for the records. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DCarr511

Re: Maxton
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:20 AM »
Glen ... I hope to have a great time myself. This event will be my first time driving in an actual LSR event. I plan on making 1 pass and then handing the reigns over to my 19 yr old son and letting him enjoy the limelight  ... and hoping to set the LSR hook in him.

I am looking forward to the event and watching my Son make his first legitimate passes !!!!!! We wont be going anywhere near any records, this will be a trip just for fun. We'll see whaht happens after this ...................

Good luck to all those that attend and compete !!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:30:50 PM by DCarr511 »

Offline ShawnT

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »
This will be my first event as well. I pretty excited, looks like it's gonna be a blast!
Shawn
86 mustang

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
dcarr, hope he gets the LSR bug as well, it sure has been great for us old guys for many years. We were lucky to have been on the west coast where it all got started. :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:36 AM »
Well we'll be leaving Nashville for Maxton in about an hour. We will be driving part way today and finish it off tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and maybe a couple we have already met before either at Maxton or Bonneville.

We will have the # 9500 Monte Carlo, if you pass by our pit area feel free to stop by, say Hello and grab a cold beverage.

I hope all the participants have a safe and enjoyable weekend !!!!

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
Our little VW pickup runs.  Couple things to tidy up.  If we don't break it tomorrow on a short test drive we will be heading down Saturday morning.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010