Author Topic: Mickey Thompson LSR tires?  (Read 2814 times)

MCR

Mickey Thompson LSR tires?
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:55:33 PM »
I'm starting to explore tire options.  Is there any info published on the Mickey T's?  I can't use 15" tires or wheels so Goodyear is out. 

To get started, can I just run normal "speed rated" street tires as long as the speed rating is higher than my maximum observed speed, and weight rating is not exceeded?  Y-rated would get me into "parachute territory"?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Mickey Thompson LSR tires?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:41:37 AM »

To get started, can I just run normal "speed rated" street tires as long as the speed rating is higher than my maximum observed speed, and weight rating is not exceeded?  Y-rated would get me into "parachute territory"?

The simple answer is no.  :| The questions that need answered is what class are you planning to run, with what organization.  130 club for USFRA, sure, no problem, Bonneville, you must run tires rated for the record in your class.  Get a rule book, read it 10 times, read the definitions and class rules, read, read and then read it again.  Have you looked at a lot of cars, looked at cars in your class, give us a bit more information and we can help you.  Don't remember your introduction, but help us help you.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O