Author Topic: Production and GT  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Production and GT
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
While looking at the rule book on Carl's GT questions I found an interesting situation.  In the past, there was a distinct separation between production and GT (production sports cars).  That seperation has started to blur a little this year.  The F Production record is held by a 280Z 2+2.  That same car could now run in the GT class and hold the F GT record.  I think allowing 4 seaters in GT is a mistake that should not be allowed.  This also means they move into Modified Sports furthering the blur.  The GT committee had better take a good look at this before approving 4 seaters for GT.  :-o
OK, I'm not a scta member, just a BNI member.  While my opinion does not matter to the scta, it will be bad for racing unless the plan is to just consolidate all the production classes.  Is that the plan?  :?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

dwarner

Re: Production and GT
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:52:59 PM »
Stainless,

That has been corrected. The committee has restricted GT class to two seat vehicles. No reccommendation as to moving records. The 2+2 set records when the the rules were as written.A record is a challenge, an open class is another thing entirely.

DW

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Production and GT
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
Thanks Dan, the 2+2 record is properly placed in production, the wording was changed in the 08 book to include the 2+2 specifically in GT, that was my concern.  If the committee has re-restricted GT to 2 seats only that solves the problem.  The 280 and the 280 2+2 were different bodies with the same front end.  They should not compete cross species....  :x
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O