Author Topic: Seat Belts  (Read 1969 times)

Justin

Seat Belts
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
In section 3.D.2 it says, when arm restraints are worn with a belt system that utilizes a "latch lever" with a built-in latch lock, a protective cover shall be installed to prevent the arm restraint from accidentally releasing the latch lever.  I have the Simpson latch and link system, what do I need to do to make them legal. I spoke with Simpson and they said that there is no problem with the arm restraints releasing the belt.  Thanks

John Beckett

Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
Some manufactures have velcro covers that secure the latch to the belt to prevent the arm restraint from hooking under the latch and releasing it.

John

Offline jimmy six

Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »
I cannot speak for every manufacturer. This is what to look for. If when you latch the latch part of the belt and there is no way an arm restraint can loop under the latch and open it you are OK.  The newer style all have a added part cast into the latch which prevents any thing from looping under the mechanism and releasing it. Check yours out.  Mine looks sort of like a duck bill and the restraint line cannot catch under it and release the mechanism...Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro