Author Topic: Bill Burke/Clarke Cagle streamliner  (Read 59992 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

Re: Bill Burke/Clarke Cagle streamliner
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »
Jim, that's an old post of FR's.  He's no longer a member of this Forum and therefore may not read what you've asked him.
Thats to bad I seen a lot of his work through the ALSR and LSR his knowledge at hand is amazing very technical and to the fact

you'd make great teammates!

i see a partnership in the making.

DrofRockology My number 1 Fan Club Member

Do a search find out he is way far advanced in technology and engineering than you I seen his work in many high tech forums. He helps a lot of ALSR teams you may be blind but I myself would like to learn more from him. Don't ever downplay someone more Superior than you in fields of technology you will never understand

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:44:55 PM »
I don't post that often but this time I feel one is in order.

Jim,
Do a search of people before making statements about their abilities and or accomplishments before posting (Please).  As far as I know Franklin is an "Internet expert".  If his involvement in any vehicle has made it to Bonneville than let me know.  As I see it he fits the bill of an comment I heard from an interview with one of the editors a major electronics magazine, and I paraphrase.  "There are so many experts on the internet -- Some of them sit and analyze and profuse expertise on every aspect of a product, yet they have probably never touched or worked with the product ".

Now on your comment to Monty (don't know him, never met him) kind of irks me a little.  I don't care if you have a problem with his posts or he has a problem with yours (It is a soap opera and I am addicted).  But, I do know that his photo is in the Bonneville Anniversary program as a member of the 200MPH club.  So believe a few posts by an "internet expert" or those of someone who has the hat.

Joel
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 11:54:48 PM »
I don't post that often but this time I feel one is in order.

Jim,
Do a search of people before making statements about their abilities and or accomplishments before posting (Please).  As far as I know Franklin is an "Internet expert".  If his involvement in any vehicle has made it to Bonneville than let me know.  As I see it he fits the bill of an comment I heard from an interview with one of the editors a major electronics magazine, and I paraphrase.  "There are so many experts on the internet -- Some of them sit and analyze and profuse expertise on every aspect of a product, yet they have probably never touched or worked with the product ".

Now on your comment to Monty (don't know him, never met him) kind of irks me a little.  I don't care if you have a problem with his posts or he has a problem with yours (It is a soap opera and I am addicted).  But, I do know that his photo is in the Bonneville Anniversary program as a member of the 200MPH club.  So believe a few posts by an "internet expert" or those of someone who has the hat.

Joel

Joel

Sorry to tell you but I know Ratliff real well and studied his work and his engineering and technical skills. He is great and this DrofRockology as you see his posts are of an ignorant level. One must never underestimate ones ability in engineering technology and aerodynamic skills. On a lower thought it makes that person look retarded in effort to downplay someone much more Superior in knowledge of an advanced nature (Do you understand)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:05:25 AM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »
I am not going to argue with you about Ratliff, I hope his advice serves you well.   Good luck with your "aerodynamic expert"
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »
I am not going to argue with you about Ratliff, I hope his advice serves you well.   Good luck with your "aerodynamic expert"

No problem

His skills have been 100% positive help in every problem we have encountered one very knowlegable person in ALSR and LSR amazing person. One can benefit if you took the time to learn from him.  Again never underestimate ones ability when you now nothing about him in a technical manner

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
i have never had the pleasure of meeting Ratliff. But blow bird, since you know him very well, maybe you can tell me of an example of something he designed? at the least, can you tell me of a record breaking project he actually turned a wrench on?
Kent

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
i have never had the pleasure of meeting Ratliff. But blow bird, since you know him very well, maybe you can tell me of an example of something he designed? at the least, can you tell me of a record breaking project he actually turned a wrench on?
Kent

Better idea

For your personal pleasure why don't you contact him get the full detail on his projects and accomplishments. I will tell you learning from him in technical fields you never been in is a big plus in todays technology and engineering level

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
no, i asked you.... i dont want to learn more technical stuff.... just a straight answer for a straight question....
and the answer is?
kent
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:38:31 AM by 1212FBGS »

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »

Please be more intelligent on your posts
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:43:45 AM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 12:49:57 AM »
Ok , I'm opening a book on BA57 .
you can place bets on 1./showing this year
                               2./making an entry before 2011
                               3./setting a record
as you'd expect they're long, long,long odds............................................................... :wink: :wink:

If it's got a propellor, bets are off.

PM me for further details........

BTW; BA57 I've got a penpal for you....   propsterguy@aol.com
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:44:46 AM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »
just proving my point.... you don't know of any accomplishments.... and for your personal knowledge in the land speed community we share the knowledge...... so for you to continue to flaunt your vast knowledge without sharing it with us puts you into a special category... a category i often refer to as "deusch bag"
kent

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:45:16 AM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 01:06:39 AM »
attacking my intelligence? well i know one thing... I got several land speed records and you don't
Kent

Offline desotoman

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »

Joel

Sorry to tell you but I know Ratliff real well and studied his work and his engineering and technical skills. He is great

BA57,

Does this mean you studied his Propster? What are your opinions on it? Maybe if you are lucky Franklin will let you be the pilot of his Propster!

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.