Author Topic: Fuel Shut-off  (Read 3298 times)

Justin

Fuel Shut-off
« on: October 28, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
When I read the rulebook in regards to fuel shut-off I am not sure I understand.  If I am running an electric fuel pump, I understand that it needs to have a switch in the circuit.  Do I also need a manual valve type shut off?  Also, my rear rims are a steel racing rim that requires a lug nut that has a sleeve type lug nut that slides in between the rim and lug.  I have been attempting to find this type of lug in 1" and have not been able to locate one any suggestions?  The current lugs are 13/16".  I am going to run in A/GCC.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jimmy six

Re: Fuel Shut-off
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »
Your fuel shut off for an electric pump may be turned off by the ignition system. A separate switch may also be used. Both must be turned off when the battery disconnect is actuated.
 .A manual fuel shut off is normally used for mechanical fuel injections  ei: Hilborn, Kinsler, Enderle etc.  
 .You may do a few things to have 1" lugs. Using long studs and normal 13/16" lug nuts, you can make a 1/4" plate with holes in your lug pattern and place it over the exisiting nuts and place 1" nuts on backwards flat side against the plate. This give a double protection and during a spin this is extremely important.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
Justin
 Contact Joe Panek at Roto-Faze in Torrance Ca.
 He will make you special wheel nuts, He also has standard 1" wheel nuts.
 1-310-325-8844
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Burk

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
Justin - Speedway Motors has 1" hex lug nuts in their catalog .

Offline dick elliott

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »
Those lug nuts are 1" in dia for stock cars. They have them in all stud sizes, but most are double ended, with a taper on both ends. Check it out.

Originally posted by John Burk:
  Justin - Speedway Motors has 1" hex lug nuts in their catalog .

<small>[ December 16, 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: tricky dick ]</small>
Its better to be a has been, than a never was.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
And make sure you check the taper angle in relation to your wheels when you get them.  We didn't and we assumed they were all standard.  But with stock wheels and racing lugs there may be a difference, but it's easily solved by machining the wheels.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dick elliott

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »
Stock car lug nuts are machined at 45 deg. Stock lug nuts are machined at 60 deg and the two CAN NOT be mixed. After market wheels can be ordered both ways, but most stock car wheels are made for 5/8" studs. "CIRCLE RACING WHEELS" makes them both ways, 1/2" and 5/8".
Its better to be a has been, than a never was.