Author Topic: Bruce Crower Streamliner  (Read 12234 times)

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
Re: Bruce Crower Streamliner
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
In a related subject, does anyone know how Bruce is doing? I heard he was having some health problems.

Ratliff

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
The ultimate in low ground clearance flat bottom streamliners

I am not knocking the Crower car but imo the best low ground clearance flat bottom streamliner is the Speed Demon (Ron and Georges). The potential of this car has not been witnessed and I feel when salt conditions are better it will prove to be a crazy fast car

http://speeddemon.us/

VERY cool car.

However, it is not as difficult to build a better car when you have a previous example from which to learn.

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »
Richard,

It was reported @ the last SDRC Club meeting that Bruce had contracted that nasty Antibotic resistant staph infection @ the Hospital and was in a coma for a couple of months. He is now out of the Hospital but still receiving treatment. This is month old info. We have a meeting on Thursday and I'm sure someone will have the latest. I'll send you a PM.

Tom

Offline pookie

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »
IMHO the BEST flatbottomed streamliners are the Costella designed cars. The red car has gone 350+ with yacoucci engine power  and chain drive!! Jack has also gone 300 and I think the car was  low on hp when he did that speed. The yellow 5050 car spunout at El Mirage , I think the speed was about 120? and did not flip or do anything crazy except get Nick Rocks blood pressure up abit. If Jack could partner up with the right engine builder,the right personality is important also he would see 400mph and with the new car 500 wouldn't be out of the question. That guy is one smart cookie.  But, thats just my take on it,and put a $1 with it you could get a cup of coffee. Mike R.

Blue

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 01:04:24 AM »
It seems like you ignore all the rules except yours.

He is up to 12 now... :mrgreen:
What's the limit?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:58 AM »
Most of us reduce the pictures to a size that is conducive to multiple posting.  This helps limit server space and reduces download times for the guys on dial-up.  The sort of thing that has been mentioned several times.  Paying attention always helps, it keeps us from being too self-centered.  It was not a personal attack, it was an obversation that would be correctable on your part....
If you feel slighted feel free to ignore me....  :-o

Unlike some people, I ignore the ignore button.

Mr. Ratliff -- please do pay attention here - don't ignore.  Instead of bemoaning the 500kb limit on posted photos, consider doing what I learned to do -- from others on this forum.  That is, put your photos/artwork on another site, such as photobucket, and merely post links here.  You'll be able to post as many as you wish without being restricted by a limit -- and those that don't want to wait for downloads won't have to do so.

I think that's how it works -- am I correct here, fellows?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
Mr. Ratliff -- please do pay attention here - don't ignore.  Instead of bemoaning the 500kb limit on posted photos, consider doing what I learned to do -- from others on this forum.  That is, put your photos/artwork on another site, such as photobucket, and merely post links here.  You'll be able to post as many as you wish without being restricted by a limit -- and those that don't want to wait for downloads won't have to do so.

I think that's how it works -- am I correct here, fellows?
[/quote]

That's how I do it. Works great.
As I am someone who is stuck with dial up it perturbs me when I go to a thread and my computer slows down to upload all this "information" that someone feels I must have. As it's doing so I can't seem to move on because the computer is in the middle of collecting said information. So it would be nice if posters would consider others that can't get DSL etc.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...