Author Topic: Maxton Photos Sat. May 17  (Read 9537 times)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Maxton Photos Sat. May 17
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:44:44 PM »
Jon, in photo bucket you can do quite a few things and it's extremely compatible with your forum here when it comes to posting pictures in with your threads or PM's.
When first into your photobucket...

You can click on the lowest "IMG CODE" line next to any picture and paste it in here... and it will show up like this:

Now if you click on the one two lines above that, it will put the link to just the pic like this:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/SeldomSeenSlim/Maxton%20May%202008/100_1022.jpg

While on a page looking at a pic inside photobucket (or like the above link) you can click on the picture itself to blow it up to the larger version.

And by clicking in the upper right on "slideshow" and then grabbing the url in the address bar you can link (via tinyurl.com is nice by the way) to this:
http://tinyurl.com/6brcze

And if you don't wnat to show pics here and want to have them off site like that for now.. click on the grid option in the uper right and paste it's url here for a nice clean look to send someone to like this:
http://tinyurl.com/6dvjg3

Then again, some of this you may need to break down and buy a PC for (we won't tell your fruit friends I promise), to bring yorself down to the rest of our level of computer sophistication :roll:
:-D
Call me sometime tomorrow,
Todd
PS: Phil went 209mph naked, a VERY substantial feat as he's much heavier and has less bike & horsepower then the record he added 5mph to (and then many others that have been over 200mph without a fairing).
9444 Bike 5/18/2008 12:00 M/BF-1350/4 NTTRAIN Phillip C Campbell 209.45820 204.70363

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:47:35 PM by narider »

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
Nice collection of pics!

FYI, on your description for this pic:

Phil's naked run was 209+ for entry into the 2 club, the 202+ was my run/entry speed.
Don't want you to short change him!  :-D

Deb

Damn, you don't miss much girl... don't you have work to do or something? :roll:
They are some good pics though for sure!!!
Todd

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
Deb:  Taking photos was the first thing I tried to learn at this event.  The next one will feature me learning to take notes about the photos I'm taking.

By the way, how's the thinking going on the subject that's under discussion 'tween youse guys and us?

You know, our camera has video mode which I use to record a message with different pics or groups of pics or procedure I'm doing(be it as a layout, name, data or timestamp I want), which would make for a good reminder for you for stuff like this I think(no writing, pen, paper, matching them up, etc. - just record a quick blip after you take a few pics explaining to yourself what they are). Just a thought?

Been thinking quite a bit (you couldn't smell my hat burning?). Give a holler tomorrow whenever you get a chance, thought we could chat for a minute or two about things.
Todd

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 02:35:29 PM »
Todd, between your story on how to use photobucket and Blue's excellent lecture on aerodynamics -- my head hurts 'cause it's too full.  Back to photobucket -- at least I'm getting there.  I'll experiment on other features - like those you mention in your post - when I've got time.  I wanted to get the photos someplace where everyone can see them as soon as I could.  I'll work on the presentation of 'em later.

I do know how to put a link to a photo in the post -- but that is fine for a photo or two.  I wanted the album to be available to everyone, and that's why I did what I did.  As for Apple computers -- well, mister smarty-pants, I hope you read that more and more corporate IT folks are letting their minions specify Apple when a new computer is needed.  And the company that'll soon be hosting this very website uses Apple in-house -- I know because I already stated to Dan (there) that I'm an Apple user -- and he is, too.

Tomorrow morning I'll be loading a semi that's due in the dock here in the middle of the morning, then at an appointment at 11 -- but I'll try to find some quality time to chat with you.  No driving down the noisy highway using the hands-free cell phone for this conversation!

PS  If you go to the SSS photobucket addy and dig around 'til you find our basic album you'll find pics of Michelle working on Nancy's tattoos.  Let me know if you find them, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
PS  If you go to the SSS photobucket addy and dig around 'til you find our basic album you'll find pics of Michelle working on Nancy's tattoos.  Let me know if you find them, hey?

I've had those pics bookmarked for months now, and besides....

I remember it like it was this afternoon....

Todd  :evil:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
That explains why we're not getting any work done at the shop!!!!

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 05:12:22 PM »
Hey isn't there a train going by soon that you should be on? Does your boss know you're on here? 
OK, I think I should add a couple pics to this "Maxton Photos" thread, yeah that's it.  8-)

Here's some videos:

And here's some pics:

Todd

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »
Todd -  Michelle and her husband are coming over tonight for supper.  I'll show them and Nancy the photo of the three of you all together and chummy.  Thanks for sharing.  Now -- get back to working on a two-wheeler!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dwphotos

• New folks
    • DW Photos Online
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
Slim,
         Just got back from a long weekend but I'll help you anyway I can. Getting  good action shots, especially at the speeds that you guys run, sometimes depends on what you are willing to part with in your wallet. Some of this stuff can set you back as much as that new turbo or ignition system or both that you may have been wanting. In a lot of cases luck plays a big part in getting that good shot. That's why the Canon I use shoots 8.5 fps because I need all the luck I can get. I'll shoot you an email and we can discuss it further.

Thanks
DW