Author Topic: FIM  (Read 7081 times)

Offline maj

FIM
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
Hi guys
What is the procedure for FIM inspection of a bike say for Bubs this year for an international entry.
Looking at the cost of 2 way transport, i have decided to buy a bike in the US ,couple of quick changes then race,but it will not be race ready till only a couple of days before the event.
from what i have been told this would make me unable to run as Fim  but be ok for AMA
is this correct

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: FIM
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »
Now that we're in the right neighborhood - I think that one reason it might not work out for you to run for FIM recognition at this year's Bub's event is that the time frame for submitting your entry is too restrictive -- that you won't be able to get application and other entry items done in the time before the event.  There's no doubt in my mind that you'll get correct information from others in the next few posts -- but there's my guess.  Let's see what they have to say.  Best of luck to you, though, and do try to be there.  It looks like I'll be at Bub's this fall to provide some coverage for everyone on thesite/forum that can't be there, so I'll at least get to meet you and the others.

Best of luck!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »
Email me at quickturbo@aol.com and tell me what bike and we can send photos and you will have to have the physical (Dr tests) submited however I am sure with any bike we can get it done in time.  Have the current owner get with me and I am sure we can make it happen for FIM and AMA.

J

Offline maj

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
Thanks Jon and John
email sent !
But i'm making it hard for myself as i don't plan on buying the bike till late July and i don't know who's bike it will be yet ! Just a low milage streetbike before i land with a turbo kit in my suitcase.

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
Maj, eliminate the guess work and or second head information, go to the BUB web site www.speedtrialsbybub.com and contact Delvene or Lanaya. They are puting on the meet and will get you the correct information.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »
Maj, eliminate the guess work and or second head information, go to the BUB web site www.speedtrialsbybub.com and contact Delvene or Lanaya. They are puting on the meet and will get you the correct information.

Greg,

Check your email...info and pictures sent..

J

Offline maj

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 06:47:12 AM »
Ok thanks
I don't think i will worry about FIM, mostly just checking out Bonneville for next year.was going to spectate but just watching would be so frustrating.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 12:05:46 PM »
Maj , -  John is right on target with getting in touch with Delvene & Lennea at the BUB web site. I think deadline for FIM reg. is around June 1st. This year is my first time registering for the FIM part of the event and was realy amazed at the hoops you must jump through, specially if you are over 50yrs. young. Doctors physical, eye exam, and what got me the most was the heart tread mill stress test. Classification of the machine was a bit tricky for a cyber neanderthal like myself, but then again the folks at BUB were very helpful, they even made up a sort of cross reference chart - AMA classes/FIM classes to help with that.  :-D  - Coming in from the "land down under", have a great trip Maj. Be safe.
See you on the salt   8-)

Jim 'Jimbo" Fischer
Gray Ghost
2007 AMA - m/pp 1350
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline maj

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 06:15:00 AM »
Thanks Jimbo, another couple of years till 50 for me , i'll run FIM next year, this time i pre entered AMA .should be a great adventure  :-D

Going to have a play on a mps bg 750 ...the bg part is on a bike of mine here and will be traveling in a suitcase to meets its other half in San Francisco a week before the event,

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:38 AM »
a maj, following your progress here :-),,, know what you mean about just watching being frustrating :-(, went through that at last years bub`s, and will be doing the same this year 8-), however bring it on for 09 :-D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,