Author Topic: jumping line  (Read 16755 times)

dwarner

Re: jumping line
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 10:38:31 PM »
What burns me is the statments about people changing inspection stickers from one vehicle to another, I guess for better run position. Did anybody learn from the John Noonan episode?

If you guys are going to cover up for each other and not report an incident of this type do not expect the board to do anything. If they do not know of the swap then a penalty cannot be applied.

DW

Offline willieworld

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »
stan back  nothing that happened had a effect on me i try to get an early start number and put all my effort in my first pass that didnt work had to make 2 on sat to get the record it didnt effect sheri either she made 3 passes from the rookie lane and ran within 1 mph of the record couldnt of been happier i just dont do that heat too well neither does sheri we both take blood thiners and arnt to be in the sun LOL  --we try very hard to get an early start because of that not because of the points championship ---maybe if i type more i will get better and be better understood  its good to see posting in elmirage chat   --and you are right also we had a noisy generator in camp and i dont think i heard the announcment   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Super Kaz

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
What burns me is the statments about people changing inspection stickers from one vehicle to another, I guess for better run position. Did anybody learn from the John Noonan episode?

If you guys are going to cover up for each other and not report an incident of this type do not expect the board to do anything. If they do not know of the swap then a penalty cannot be applied.

DW

DW,
Yes Learned no matter how Cool/Fast you are you must follow the rules or pay the price! :oops:! I was the 1st Rookie racer to run in the second round because I was on the #1 Points/Championship Bike/side car of John Noonan's!I waited over 3 Hour's in a WIDE OPEN Rookie line for Fear of Jump Line and gettingh John,My Club or Myself in any trouble :mrgreen:! I AKED DW,TOM,JIM,and any other official and they said wait[and I did for 3hour's for my rookie run on the #1bike] in the 2nd round!I hope I didn't offened anyone any got sighned permission before I ever made a Move .Hope I'm not who your talking about Willie as I waited as long as possible" even though I was registered right under john in registration on his bike as aback up rider"since my loaner bike never showed :cry:" it was great to meet you and Sheri" hoprfully my ride will be ready in 32 days?

John Romero

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »

DW

DW,
Yes Learned no matter how Cool/Fast you are you must follow the rules or pay the price! :oops:! I was the 1st Rookie racer to run in the second round because I was on the #1 Points/Championship Bike/side car of John Noonan's!I waited over 3 Hour's in a WIDE OPEN Rookie line for Fear of Jump Line and gettingh John,My Club or Myself in any trouble :mrgreen:! I AKED DW,TOM,JIM,and any other official and they said wait[and I did for 3hour's for my rookie run on the #1bike] in the 2nd round!I hope I didn't offened anyone any got sighned permission before I ever made a Move .Hope I'm not who your talking about Willie as I waited as long as possible" even though I was registered right under john in registration on his bike as aback up rider"since my loaner bike never showed :cry:" it was great to meet you and Sheri" hoprfully my ride will be ready in 32 days?

Kaz, doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all so I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 11:42:21 PM »
Kaz relax it's not you...and better yet it's not me either..

J

Offline willieworld

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »
kaz nice to meet you too  --in the rookie lane you can line up by your start number but i think its pretty much first come first serve --thats how it was when i went through and this last race when sheri went up we just got at the end of the line--i did learn too late though if you wait for all the rookies to run and then get in line the starter will run you sooner and the wait in line wont be as long although when its not too hot i like waiting in line and looking at all the bikes and talking to all the people --i went through rookie or-----  with sheri and there were a lot of rookies -- nice to have meet you  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
ô½ô
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »
Willie,

Can you describe the vehicles that were "jumping" in line or switching inspection decals? ?

J

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »
The starters just mark off the runs by a slash mark on the inspection sticker. Do they now have to check the vehicle # and start position?   Probably, but the racer is responsible, or should be..................

dwarner

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 12:25:52 AM »
Willie,

Your rookie lane strategy may have backfired on you. If Sheri had set the record on her third pass it would have been denied, no records from the rookie lane. See the El Mirage Procedure manual, sorry I don't have the page and section available right here.

DW

Offline willieworld

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »
i did not say that anyone switched a sticker and i guess if the announcer called them up and the line steward let them pass then technecally they didnt jump line --but someone screwed up and going by the rules that shouldnt of happened   willie buchta         dan i told her not to run over the record but to save it for june  and she always listens
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:01 AM »
in the rookie lane you can line up by your start number but i think its pretty much first come first serve

The rookie lane is first come, first served. Your actual run number of 200+ doesn't matter.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 01:22:08 AM »
sheri had never ridden a bike before except at el mirage --i thought that she should of stayed in the rookie lane as long as possible her safety is way more important to me than any record  and you can bet all of this will be brought up at my next club meeting  thank you all for all of your imput  see you in june   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 01:24:03 AM »
Is there still a 200mph lane?  If so when do those guys get to run, I don't believe they go by their # position because the SCTA doesn't want them running their high horsepower vehicles for their first pass on a loose track late in the day.  It's been a while for us so things might have changed?

Super Kaz

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 01:39:54 AM »
Kaz relax it's not you...and better yet it's not me either..

J

Thank God Worlds Fastest :oops:!
The last thing I want to do is mess up anything for You My Big Racing Brother  :mrgreen:!
Now Maybe  you might give me another chance to get myself in the Cool A$$ 200mph Club You Brought  me  too? :|
I'm not sure the  V-rod's gonna do it without allot of Serious HELP,but That Busa of Your's {EITHER ONE :-D}was everything you said{HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT :x!},and a True Honor and Privilege to ride/race even a 64mph :cry:!Your a True Friend and I want a rematch Arm wrestling"The Feeling is just starting to come back to that shoulder :-P."
Now if Anyone needs a A LICENSE Rider/Racer for next meet? I'm ready and Able "Just no Bike and a little $$ left",but other then that I'm ready to go :evil:!
Thank you again John and Michelle,and the Rest of the SDRC{Bob M. is my new Hero :evil:} as well as all the other Great Racer's and Crew's I got to meet!
Willie and Sheri you two are Awesome even if you have Pushrods :-D
DW,
Did you get all my info you asked for in the e-mail I sent you today?{He ran out of New Licenses during the event} so he said to just e-mail him and he'll send me a new one in the Mail 8-)!!!
So i'm just making sure I did that right too :mrgreen:........

Super Kaz

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 01:44:33 AM »
in the rookie lane you can line up by your start number but i think its pretty much first come first serve

The rookie lane is first come, first served. Your actual run number of 200+ doesn't matter.

I was riding the #1 Bike and it had made it''s 1st run and round one went from 148 to 278 from 1 day to the next"I sighned up Friday,but as a back up rider as my bike could'nt make it :oops:!So John let me ride his Baby,but I had  to wait for 1st round to finish even from the rookie line :|