Author Topic: Normally Aspirated Bikes in Supercharged classes at Maxton  (Read 19637 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Normally Aspirated Bikes in Supercharged classes at Maxton
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »
Guy
it wouild make sence, and not really hurt credibility, to allow jumping up a motor size class and "NOT" allow changing frame classes.... if i understand your statement of how you understanding the ECTA rules...let me ask you this.... what bike did you use to set your 4 streamliner records? or better yet, what bike did Guthrie use to set his 7 motorcycle streamliner records? sounds like chassis jumping is allowed too. Maybe ill come over with my Busa and enter it in a car class....oh wait maybe Guthrie cherrie picked them also  :roll:
kr

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
My understanding is that all engine class run ups are allowed. I do understand that Bonneville requires a blower if running blown. I believe that ECTA will not require it however I don't think anyone has tried it yet. Most of the "real" blown records are getting high enough that most motor or fuel bikes can't top it anyway. We'd have to discuss with KT to get the actual ruling but I'd be really surprised if we "required" the blower. It's not in the nature of allowable engine run ups. (Same should apply for cars I would imagine)

MPS vs APS is a frame category change and that does NOW require a change.

The allowing of running a conventional bike in the streamliner category was done under the prior management under the argument of a rule loophole. (Not everyone agreed but once the ruling was made everyone ran those classes under the same rules) Those records have been retired this year thus allowing the owners of those records to still lay claim to an accomplishment under the rules at the time and to now better align the class rules with Bonneville and the intention of the ECTA less the loophole.

I wouldn't call bringing multiple vehicles to set multiple records in multiple classes "within the rules" cherry picking. Maybe you don't like him but without him the ECTA might not exist. If you want support picking on him you might want to pick a section that's not grateful to him for its very existence. And btw, he didn’t agree with running conventional bikes in the streamline class but why should he not run there when everyone else was!

:-)

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »
Deb,  I like the signature "Naked on Nitrous",,, I have never but hmmm maybe Naked on Vodka before LOL....

You go Girl !!!!

Hope to see you in September.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »
hey deb  hope this finds you in good health--at an scta event if you run in a blown class you have to run a blower or turbocharger and it has to pressurize the intake system above atmospheric pressure     willie buchta

dwarner

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
Jack is back, in disguise.

DW

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
scott  i dont know how it is checked --i do know what the rules say--i keep a copy in the bathroom and read them on a daily basis  --willie

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »
Note to self, don't borrow Willie's rulebook!  :evil:

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 03:10:10 PM »
i thought i made it clear that i was talking about the SCTA rule book --willie

deb i missed it  rule book--bathroom --borrow--  got it  --its been hot here 112 and bad air days from all of the smoke from the fires up north    willie
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:19:40 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

hot
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:25:34 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
I gotcha darlin, it came through crystal clear in my air conditioned office!
When I SEE YOU in a month I will try to remember to NOT say,
Hey Willie, can I see your rulebook for a minute!?!

:-D

Deb

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »
if you do borrow it just make sure its not the ones with the pages missing  willie

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
everyone  i know this a ECTA thread  so let me say this and im going to burst into flames---i would suggest that if you are planning to go to bonneville for speedweek you should buy a SCTA rule book --i can understand what you folks are doing to get the events there to make them pay for themselves --this year will be the 60th anniversary of the SCTA --you can not run up a class here.--nor can you run in a streamliner class unless you meet ALL of the rules in that class--the only one is you can run gas in the fuel class if you like  if you do you probibly wont set a record--on an open class (no record) whatever you run if you are legal for that class you will get the record --for those of you who have never been to speedweek it works like this---go through tech (safety only)  make your first pass (rookie run cant set a record or run over 150 mph)--- run 2 cant run over 175 (if you ran over 125 the first run) you can qualify for a record on your second run if its under 175 mph) go to impound if you ran faster than the record ---your bike is in impound until the next morning then you get your record run  ---if the average of your 2 runs are higher than the record back to impound---this time they check to make sure you are in the right class and that you are legal for that class and the tech guys dont miss much if anything--if everything looks good you can pull the head off for a cc measurement-(some bikes they can measure through the spark plug hole)  if everything is ok you will get the record-- before you do all of that if you have never raced at bonneville you have to go through rookie orientation --dont miss it or you will miss the first day of racing  --its not as easy as you might think ---bring lots of shade --sunscreen and water  just some thoughts   hope to see you all at bonneville and put some faces to those names  willie buchta  poooffffff

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
Willie, with all due respect -- I think that more ECTA folks than you realize go to Bonneville and know the routine.  And we know that Bville and El Mirage are different from one another in many ways, too.  I read your post and thought for a couple of minutes and came up with 8 or ten Maxton regulars that have Bonneville 200 MPH Club hats, and then took an EWAG - that maybe a quarter, maybe a third of Maxton's regulars are also Bonneville regulars. 

There's absolutely no question that the ECTA is meant to be a "stepping stone" to Bonneville.  The ECTA rule book has morphed quite a bit in the recent past -- and now is pretty much the same as the SCTA rulebook.  This is on purpose -- so that Bonneville racers can go to Maxton and expect to be able to race without having to make a bunch of changes on their vehicles.  I've had the pleasure of inspecting bikes at both venues -- and (at least in the past) the ECTA inspection requirements were MORE rigorous than that at Bonneville, partly owing to the big difference in the two venues.  Not that one is better than the other -- but rather that some things aren't as important in Bonneville as they are at Maxton, and also vice-versa.

And we do have a required rookie orientation at Maxton, just like that at Bonneville.  No orientation, no runs.

But don't let us have you thinking we're a bunch of newbies, through and through.  Wander down the pit area at SpeedWeek and find the ECTA's area.  No, we don't have a separate location set aside for us, but it's not uncommon for the ECTA racers to congregate in one area, just like many of the SCTA club members pit near one another.  Come see us!

You're right about jumping classes -- we've all talked about that, and about why it is allowed and why it used to be allowed in a different manner.  No arguments there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 10:17:29 PM »
if i had known that i could have saved a lot of typing and just said --we gear grinders camp on the south side of the pits (track side) about 600 feet from tech --you all have a safe ride out to bonneville stop and see us (look for a white mailbox) we will camp at the bend in the road the first couple of nights see you all there  willie

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
Thanks Willie, I appreciate your posts! Some of us need to hear multiple times how we need to do be doing things!!! This is all new for Todd & I so we're listening as much as we can! We'll look for the mailbox!  8-)

Deb