Author Topic: May El Mirage pics  (Read 17851 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: May El Mirage pics
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
Michael,

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. IMO #1934 Roadster is lucky he did not go on his head.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 06:18:09 PM »
Michael,

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. IMO #1934 Roadster is lucky he did not go on his head.

Tom G.

He spun and got the record..now that is luck.

some more pics

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 07:57:31 PM »
Scott was having shifting issues due to interference with bodywork.  On the only run I saw (his first) he posted a 146 MPH or so run in 4th gear.  He was pleased with the speed and was looking forward to a better run #2.

Scott

It was good to see you this weekend and I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics you took.

I ran a 148 in 4th gear on Sat and 168 today in 5th after another missed shift from 2-3rd. I went throught the traps about 600 rpm slower than I would of liked. Next time all of the shifting problems will be worked out.

See you next month.

Scott

Scott, I heard you go by trying to click that 2-3 shift and I was cheering "GET IT SCOTT, GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!" and then I heard you get it shifted and then I waited....then I heard the "168MPH" over the radio and we all went nuts!  GREAT RUN!!!!  We were cheering for you when you went by!

That's awesome Shane! I have already solved the shifting problem and am ready to go back!! Thanks for the support, you have an awesome family!

Scott

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »
Scott

Way To Go Bro 8-)! I hope Momma Kept Cooler Sunday it was a roaster when I left :-o! Thank again  for Push back too :wink:.

P.S
How is you leg feelin today :-P?
I'm toasted inside and out :mrgreen:!

Kaz,

Momma is fine now, I think she slept most of the day today! My leg is actually fine, I thought for sure it was going to be hurting.

Sorry you got stranded at the finish line.

Make sure and get the V-rod running and get it out there and run with us.

It was great meeting you!

Scott

Super Kaz

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
Scott

Way To Go Bro 8-)! I hope Momma Kept Cooler Sunday it was a roaster when I left :-o! Thank again  for Push back too :wink:.

P.S
How is you leg feelin today :-P?
I'm toasted inside and out :mrgreen:!

Kaz,

Momma is fine now, I think she slept most of the day today! My leg is actually fine, I thought for sure it was going to be hurting.

Sorry you got stranded at the finish line.

Make sure and get the V-rod running and get it out there and run with us.

It was great meeting you!

Scott

Scott,
She's The Best Your a Very Blessed Man to Have Such a Great Woman by Your SIDE! :cry:
John ,
You ,and Michelle D. are THE BEST!!! :-D
Thank You all Again ,even DW :-P!
Your sure know how to make a Guy feel at Home :roll:!
J/K Your Tuff Love is a Welcome change from my Mushy Noonan racen school :evil:!
what a Great weekend of FUN IN THE SUN with my Brother and Sister's of the SCTA :-)!
I hope to have my V-rod ready for next Month's meet.
I'm feeling drawn back in a Fantasized way to such a Special Place in Racing History. :?
To all the Officials, Volunteer's ,and Club member's who make RACING There Possible
THANK YOU ALL!!!! :mrgreen:
SK........

Offline smcleod007

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
Cool action photos guys. Elmo was a blast and I got to meet more people this time. It was a lot hotter than I thought it was going to be and getting into my leathers required some serious yoga skills. I believe my suit has shrunk a few sizes since the November meet :roll:. We went through a dozen big Gatorades and a case of water over the weekend. I got re-schooled again by the big boys on traction and throttle control and what the air fuel ratio does when you bring a bike that was tuned at sea level. I'm totally jazzed for the salt flats. See ya all at Bonneville.

Scott McLeod

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
Cool action photos guys. Elmo was a blast and I got to meet more people this time. It was a lot hotter than I thought it was going to be and getting into my leathers required some serious yoga skills. I believe my suit has shrunk a few sizes since the November meet :roll:. We went through a dozen big Gatorades and a case of water over the weekend. I got re-schooled again by the big boys on traction and throttle control and what the air fuel ratio does when you bring a bike that was tuned at sea level. I'm totally jazzed for the salt flats. See ya all at Bonneville.

Scott McLeod

Scott,

Congrats again on getting in to the Dirty 2 club!  I am very happy for you and we will see you at Bonneville.

John

Offline smcleod007

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

Scott McLeod

Scott,

Congrats again on getting in to the Dirty 2 club!  I am very happy for you and we will see you at Bonneville.

John

Thanks John. I smiled all the way home. Lucky for me, no one ran in the class I picked and I got to work some of my bugs out on Saturday. Feel free to bump the record now.  :-D  See ya at B-ville.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Scott,

Like I said pin it and shift and you would get it.... :evil:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »
Oh cool, I didn't realize you weren't in the dirty 2 club. Congrats to you! That's two down right? When ya coming to Maxton for your third?  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 03:45:55 AM »
 Hey all,
 Sorry I missed the season opener. Had a post trackday unloading accident that totalled the leftside of Black Sunshine and couldn't get the parts together in time. John,Connie and Shane congrats on great runs. See ya in June!
 PS:Scott,great pics!
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline smcleod007

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »
Oh cool, I didn't realize you weren't in the dirty 2 club. Congrats to you! That's two down right? When ya coming to Maxton for your third?  :-D

Deb

Thanks Deb. Maxton will have to wait until the gas prices go back down. When I tell people I drove to California to join the Naked Dirty 200 MPH Club I get all kinds of weird looks :-o.  My mom rolls her eyes and plugs her ears and tells me she better see me in church next Sunday. Hee-Hee!  :evil:

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 02:17:19 AM »
This showed up on another forum.  Interesting photos.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,26050.0.html
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »
Thanks for the link......cool pictures!

Offline rockstar

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi Bill.
That is a good pic of your Norton!!

David.
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK