Author Topic: May El Mirage pics  (Read 17853 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: May El Mirage pics
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
Anybody know what happened to Ferguson's Modified Roadster? That Ardun was loaded for bear, but it sounded like something broke in the drivetrain.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 12:39:37 AM »
Scott was having shifting issues due to interference with bodywork.  On the only run I saw (his first) he posted a 146 MPH or so run in 4th gear.  He was pleased with the speed and was looking forward to a better run #2.

Scott

It was good to see you this weekend and I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics you took.

I ran a 148 in 4th gear on Sat and 168 today in 5th after another missed shift from 2-3rd. I went throught the traps about 600 rpm slower than I would of liked. Next time all of the shifting problems will be worked out.

See you next month.

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »
Anybody know what happened to Ferguson's Modified Roadster? That Ardun was loaded for bear, but it sounded like something broke in the drivetrain.

Tom G.

if it is car 752 he went 204.157 on a 202.440 cert. record. :-D

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 12:21:10 PM »
Scott was having shifting issues due to interference with bodywork.  On the only run I saw (his first) he posted a 146 MPH or so run in 4th gear.  He was pleased with the speed and was looking forward to a better run #2.

Scott

It was good to see you this weekend and I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics you took.

I ran a 148 in 4th gear on Sat and 168 today in 5th after another missed shift from 2-3rd. I went throught the traps about 600 rpm slower than I would of liked. Next time all of the shifting problems will be worked out.

See you next month.

Scott

Scott, I heard you go by trying to click that 2-3 shift and I was cheering "GET IT SCOTT, GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!" and then I heard you get it shifted and then I waited....then I heard the "168MPH" over the radio and we all went nuts!  GREAT RUN!!!!  We were cheering for you when you went by!
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics, Scott (Horner)!

We were 4th out on Sunday morning and ran a tick slower than Saturday (little wheelspin going through the traps probably contributed).  We brought the kids with us and everybody was happy but a quick "family check" had me thinking if we sat in the staging lanes for two hours for another run we'd probably be into "Dad why are you making us do this" so we packed up early and had an easy drive home to Sacramento.  I got to have family dinner around the family table early enough that the kids were to bed on-time.

My youngest daughter played with Willie and Sheri's grand-daughter all weekend and didn't want to leave.  I think we've got the beginnings of a new generation of desert racers...  That in itself made me not feel too-bad about leaving early. 
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline desotoman

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »

Tom G.

if it is car 752 he went 204.157 on a 202.440 cert. record. :-D

Thanks. I was only there on Sunday morning and when I saw them try to make a run they turned out. Sounded like something in the drivetrain let go.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »
The scta results are up, that's where I got the info.  I wasn't at the meet. :cry:

Offline willieworld

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
Hey Shane,
Got some pics that you might like.

Had to send one of my first pass.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

That's all for now....just a quick sample of the 1100 images from this weekend!  ;-)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:58:48 PM by michael lueders »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
Great photos Michael. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »
Great action photos, especially the spins.  Anyone know how many spins there were?

Super Kaz

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »

Scott

See you next month.

Scott

Way To Go Bro 8-)! I hope Momma Kept Cooler Sunday it was a roaster when I left :-o! Thank again  for Push back too :wink:.

P.S
How is you leg feelin today :-P?
I'm toasted inside and out :mrgreen:!

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
I counted..148ish entrants, 2 spins..one body flying off a lakester, one errant beer can blowing on course and some oil here and there.

Glen..thanks for the nod. My first time back to Elmo since 82 and it was great to be part of the races this time!
Seems like with time and distance you forget about all the dust lol....