Author Topic: Vintage Class  (Read 3141 times)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Vintage Class
« on: July 23, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »
Here I had my heart set on a lakester, but then I find myself dragging home a Model A Sedan body, and a 41 axle with juice brakes ( wishbones,spring,and all!)
  Question is.. Do I have to run a vintage tranny, and rear end to make the vintage class? I have this 460, c6, and 9' with disk brakes sitting in front of the shop.. Can I use the 9" at least and still make class?
  Thanks fer the help.... Smitty

Offline jimmy six

Re: Vintage Class
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »
Please check your rule book. You may have a vintage coupe but without a vintage motor in it it will run against much newer bodied cars IE: Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs etc. If you choose to run in a vintage class with one of the correct vintage motors; any trans and rear end is acceptable. Electronics are held to a minimum. Please check your book under the Vintage classes Start at page 51 in the 04 book then go to the body class after that for specific specs. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

Re: Vintage Class
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »
Also remember that the Model A Front spring is mounted over the axle. The '41 spring is in front of the axle. If you simply put the '41 spring in the A crossmember it will look dumb. If you want to move the axle at all move it foward not back.