Author Topic: Inspection stickers  (Read 8587 times)

Justin

Inspection stickers
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »
I am rebuilding a former LSR car and at this point I am stripping the frame and I am curious if there is any reason that I would want to leave the previous inspection stickers(last one 2000) that are on the frame?

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Inspection stickers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
Are you talking about the frame sticker that has a stamped ID number . Or is it just a regular Insp. sticker. Do you have a log book for the LSR vehicle? If so the log book will have a frame sticker number. The log book is supposed to stay with the vehicle when sold etc. If it is a frame sticker a duplicate can be made thru SCTA if it is damaged or removed for painting.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Justin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »
I am referring to the regular inspection stickers, I am not sure what the stamped ID number sticker is.  I will look more closely and see if I can see what you are referring to.  I ask numerous times about the log book and the seller could not find it.  Do I need to either get duplicate stickers or protect them when repainting?  How do I go about getting a new log book?

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »
You have to contact regristration at the event for a new log book. BTW what /  whos car was it does it have a vehicle number painted on it. What catagory will it run in.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Justin

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
It was Bill Carlisle's car, it's a '32 Ford five window.  His number was 470.  I am going to run in A/GCC.  Thanks for the information.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
The sticker is oval in shape. It has the letters LRS on the top half and normally a 3 digit number in red staped into it. They are hard to remove. They are a thin metal design. If you find it and carefully remove it to use again, covering it with clear shipping tape works fine. Most are found on the roll cage near the drivers head.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Justin

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
I found the stamped ID number and will protect it during blasting and painting.
 Thanks

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
The log book which should have come with the car has a number which matches the LSR #. If you did not recieve the book with the car you should contact the previous owner. All inspections at any Land Speed Event are in the log book with a any discrepancies noted if any and what was done to correct them. IF the log book is not available one will need to be purchased prior to the vehicles next inspection, normally at a BNI, SCTA or USFRA event. This new log book will come with a new LSR number. These books are very important. Good Luck.
 .Personal opinion: I hope you keep it red and black. #470 always looked grat and photoed well.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Justin

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
Sounds like I will have to go about getting a new log book. Thanks.  I have not decided on a color yet, everyone involved with the car has a different opinion.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »
As long as it's not all white or silver. We have trouble seeing them on the track and other racers have trouble seeing them in the turn out areas. Any contrasting color is good in most cases.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »
If you need a new log book the old number will be of no use. The new book will come with a new number. You should do your best to get that book. It is of no use to the old owner because he cannot transfer it to a new car.

Justin

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
The previous owner past away and his family was unable to locate the book.  I ask them several times to try and locate it.  So unfortunately it looks like I will have to start a new one.  I was very interested to see the information in the log.  We will stay away from white or silver when it comes time to paint.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
Justin
 We can issue you a new log book and chassis sticker at speedweek . See Roy Creel or ask at the sign in trailer.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Justin

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »
Can I get my new book and sticker if my car is not there?  We will not have the car ready until possibly October, but definately Speed Week '05.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »
Don't get too confused -- previous "inspection" stickers only prove that the car made it through inspection -- they carry no other information.  Nice to have to show that the car has been around for a while, but otherwise of no value.  The oval LSR sticker is the one you need to have and to save -- or get a new one with the new logbook.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com