Author Topic: Suit rental / borrow?  (Read 9449 times)

Offline SGVridgerunner

• New folks
  • SCREAM!! <Shift> BIGGER SCREAM!!!!
Suit rental / borrow?
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

This is my first season running landspeed, and I am trying to adjust from road racing to SCTA. I have a full suit, but it has perforations and strech panels. Now, I have ordered an SCTA-legal suit, but it won't arrive in time for this weekend. :cry:

Does anybody know where I can rent an SCTA-legal suit in So. Cal, or does anybody have a spare so I can pass my licensing runs?

Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Thanks,
Dave
"If it requires a helmet, it's probably fun!!"
El Mirage record: 207.184 - 1350 APS-G
Dirty 2 club member
Mojave Mile 2-club member
Mojave Magnum 2-club member

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Suit rental / borrow?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
First question:  bikes or cars?  I'm going to guess bikes because of your concern about the stretch panels, but I'm not positive.  There are many vendors that make SCTA-acceptable leathers.  Nancy and I got ours at Z Custom Leathers in Huntington Beach, CA.  The price is the same as a good set of Dainese or Vanson or other good outfits -- and the fit can be as good or even much better.  Let's see what the others say.  Good luck in the dirt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

This is my first season running landspeed, and I am trying to adjust from road racing to SCTA. I have a full suit, but it has perforations and strech panels. Now, I have ordered an SCTA-legal suit, but it won't arrive in time for this weekend. :cry:

Does anybody know where I can rent an SCTA-legal suit in So. Cal, or does anybody have a spare so I can pass my licensing runs?

Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Thanks,
Dave

Man! I just sold my suit I wore last year........I would of let you borrow it.

It might help if you put up your size and weight.

Check ebay and craiglist there are always good deals on there.

Good luck,
Scott

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »
I have someone borrowing one of my suits for the weekend.  If you post your size/weight like Scott said maybe we can help.  I may not run, but I will be there, I am 6'2 245lbs.  :mrgreen:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »
I am 6'2 245lbs.  :mrgreen:

And at that size he is not to be messed with!! :-o

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:22:07 AM »
i have 2 extra suits (leather) if you can fit you are welcome to use  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline SGVridgerunner

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm running a bike - stock hayabusa, and I mean STOCK, all the way to the paper air filter.

I'm 6'0" about 185lbs last time I weighed in.

i have 2 extra suits (leather) if you can fit you are welcome to use  willie buchta
Thanks! All I am shooting for this weekend to get oriented and get my license. So if I can pass tech with it, that's all that matters.
Dirty 2 club member

Offline willieworld

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »
svg  i am 5   11  and weigh 177   i will bring my extra set   look for me about 800 feet east of tech --look for a white mailbox with willie and sheri on it    willie buchta     

i will be there early thursday-----------------
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm running a bike - stock hayabusa, and I mean STOCK, all the way to the paper air filter.

I'm 6'0" about 185lbs last time I weighed in.

Thanks! All I am shooting for this weekend to get oriented and get my license. So if I can pass tech with it, that's all that matters.

Make sure your bike is saftey wired, aftermarket kill switch, metal valve stems and covers, proper thickness and length chainguard,, remove the mirrors and tape accross the headlight and blinkers, remove the rear foot pegs, must have a motorcycle state issued license, helmet must be Snell 2000 (or greater)

If you need help with either a kill switch or a chain guard I have them in stock and will bring them with me either way, if you need any help come over to the Moreland/Noonan pits 40' long White/Maroon bus and a 36' 5th wheel with a White Duramax Towing it..as long as you are not a rear finder / gear grinder (just kidding) you are welcome to pit with us.  Even that fast Canuck is welcome to pit with us.. :-D

See you there and good luck!

John

Offline MattS

• http://www.wheeltramps.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
I'll have one for sale at the motorcycle inspection trailer. I'm 6' & about 205 & it's too tight on me. I just picked up my new one from Z Leather, so I'll sell this one for $150.

Matt

Offline SGVridgerunner

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »
svg  i am 5   11  and weigh 177   i will bring my extra set   look for me about 800 feet east of tech --look for a white mailbox with willie and sheri on it    willie buchta    

Thanks again Willie. I will check out the set that Matt has for sale first just in case.

I'll have one for sale at the motorcycle inspection trailer. I'm 6' & about 205 & it's too tight on me. I just picked up my new one from Z Leather, so I'll sell this one for $150.

Matt

$150 is a whole lot cheaper than what I paid for the suit I ordered. I'll check it out.

Make sure your bike is saftey wired, aftermarket kill switch, metal valve stems and covers, proper thickness and length chainguard,, remove the mirrors and tape accross the headlight and blinkers, remove the rear foot pegs, must have a motorcycle state issued license, helmet must be Snell 2000 (or greater)

If you need help with either a kill switch or a chain guard I have them in stock and will bring them with me either way, if you need any help come over to the Moreland/Noonan pits 40' long White/Maroon bus and a 36' 5th wheel with a White Duramax Towing it..as long as you are not a rear finder / gear grinder (just kidding) you are welcome to pit with us.  Even that fast Canuck is welcome to pit with us.. :-D

John

Still working on the safety wire (broken drill bit), but other than that, the bike is ready to go with special thanks to V8Pinto for the battery tie down idea.
That'll be great, I'll have to stop by and chat. I'm so new to this form of racing, that I would definately appreciate hearing some tips and war stories from experienced racers.
I'll be rolling in the U-Haul special with my wife driving the Honda Civic "Support" vehicle.  :-D
Dirty 2 club member

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »

Thanks again Willie. I will check out the set that Matt has for sale first just in case.

Matt

$150 is a whole lot cheaper than what I paid for the suit I ordered. I'll check it out.

John

Still working on the safety wire (broken drill bit), but other than that, the bike is ready to go with special thanks to V8Pinto for the battery tie down idea.
That'll be great, I'll have to stop by and chat. I'm so new to this form of racing, that I would definately appreciate hearing some tips and war stories from experienced racers.
I'll be rolling in the U-Haul special with my wife driving the Honda Civic "Support" vehicle.  :-D

It would be good to meet you and we would assist is any way we can, I forgot about the battery hold down... :-o that and the all leather rule are *&%$#@ see you and the Honda on the dirt..let me know before Friday if you need anything so I can bring it for you.

J

Offline willieworld

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
hay john  willie here --i could use some gas money      willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »

Yeah John, if you are giving parts out I could use one of those fancy kill switches you got.......mines home made.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »

Willie,

I will have all of the 10.00 per gallon gas you want, how much do you want to buy?   :mrgreen:

BTW, if you are getting out on the lake Thursday morning I hope you arn not making any test passes... 8-)