Poll

Should SCTA get rid of the reserved numbers 1-25, that are awarded to the top 25 point earning vehicles that run El Mirage?

No, don't change anything.
26 (72.2%)
Yes, give them away since no one uses them.
3 (8.3%)
Only keep 1-10 and give the rest away.
5 (13.9%)
No, but make the top 25 vehicles use the numbers awarded the next year.
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: January 05, 2008, 02:39:25 PM

Author Topic: SCTA Numbers 1-25  (Read 10146 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: SCTA Numbers 1-25
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »
Why do people always want to change something. The last thing we have is tradition and the SCTA is steeped in it. Anyone who wants to change something, add a rule, change a rule, etc: has a personal agenda's....What's yourz

Jimmy six,

I don't have a personal agenda. Just asked a question, plain and simple. How ever the vote comes out is OK with me. I guess it is not OK to wonder how people feel about something, without being accused of having a personal agenda. So read my lips, I don't have one. LOL LOL LOL. Sorry to disappoint you.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:24:34 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »
Some high points placers may want to keep their existing numbers. for instance, I know of one who is in the top 15  who uses his NHRA driver's license number from years back. Thus I'd vote for the second item on the ballot.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline mike mendoza

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 02:53:28 AM »
YES   "JUST DON'T MESS WITH 226"

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »
The AMA (motorcycle racing folks in years gone bye) tried the same thing with "National Numbers" in the early fifties.  It mostly caused hard feelings, especially with those who had held a certain number for years and didn't want to change to a different one every year.  Just think about how much repainting will be required (unless you switch to washable poster paint), and how much confusion about who is number "x".  Since I don't have a number, I don't have a dog in the fight.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

dwarner

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »
The only time we ever changed the number was when we got #1 in '97. Did not chnage to either #4 or #9 when we did that.

DW

Offline fastesthonda_jim

• Ready to Rock 2003
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »
Hey, my vote is we should just keep the same numbers we had at the end of the 2006 season.  I kinda liked mine, y'know.  Had to spend almost $25 to change it for 2008, but if I hurry I may be able to turn it back in to the printer for a refund :-D

Jim
2006 SCTA High Points Champeen
2006 Dirty "2" Wrench Of The Year
Bonneville "2" Club 2003
El Mirage Dirty "2"'s 2006
Bonneville Records: G/GS, F/GS (Boy)  G/FS (Girl)
El Mirage Records: F/BFS, F/FS, F/GS, I/FS, I/GS, K/BGS
FIA Records A, II, 8
Unlimited License
300mph line qualified (305.129 best mile speed)
The older half of San Diego's Fastest Couple
2016 Man of Distinction Award
DLRA 2019 Top Speed of The Meet (309.438 Mile - 323.3 GPS)

Super Kaz

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »
well the race season is over -now i got to get to work -i have to build 6 bikes before next may--1 for me  1 for my wife  and 4 for customers --i was trying to finish in the top 25 this year--i made a good run last saturday and moved from 15th to 9th so next year i am very proud to say my bike will be # 9 strange thats my wifes luckey number--i have had way too much fun this year and have met some of the greatest people anywhere--the memorys will last forever --you are all a very special group of people and i thank you for letting me share this last 7 months with you all--looking forward to next year   thanks willie buchta

Hey good to meet you guys this weekend and have fun on the bike builds,

Sum

Willie it was Great to meet You and Your Better Half this weekend! :wink:
Great V-rod story too  :-o!!!!
Your ALRIGHT with me even if you got PUSHRODS :-P!
Hope too see you 2 again this season 8-).
I think the men and Women Racing for thier #'s deserve all they get and More :mrgreen:!