Author Topic: New Web Site Owners  (Read 22721 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: New Web Site Owners
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
  To the Amo's:  Thanx for several years of great entertainment and education, I think everyone who has had the pleasure of visiting this site has learned a lot about Land Speed Racing, and the trials and tribulations of our fellow racers.  We have also learned a lot about the personalities and quirks of each other, both good and bad, and I would hope that we have all learned more about our own faults and how to NOT push the buttons of others.  Thanks again............
  To the Slim's:  It couldn't be a better fit, just don't let it go to your head... The Little Green Chapels still need your attendance.  Good luck Slim and Nancy,  I look forward to a little humor returning to our site.  Thanks for stepping up to the plate.................Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
wait a minute-  how did this happen?  you mean Stinky Slimey Slim is now in charge of this cat rodeo?

Yikes! :-o

carl "I gotta find a new hobby" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
Many thanks to the Amo's. This site allowed me to keep up with what was going on on the salt when I was unable to be there. It has been priceless in helping me prepare for my "rookie" season as a rider. To Jon & Nancy, congratulations and good luck. Jon has been a great help in answering lots of my questions

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 07:06:43 PM »
Fred (and everyone else):

Wait 'til you see what I've got cooked up for SpeedWeek -- if I can pull it off.  No, I won't tell the story yet -- too many things for me, the computer dunce, to figure out before I can make it work.  But if I can -- I betcha it'll be popular.

Thanks, everyone, for the support you've already shown to Nancy andme for taking on the business called landracing.com.  Even to you, Carl.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline racergeo

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 12:23:26 AM »

SSS, you say nobody is "banned". That reminds me of the story I made up to explain the origin of JackD's famous "nobody's fool" Whether you liked him or just thought he was a trouble maker, I think half the hits on this sight were to see what he was going to say next. I for one got a kick out of some of his (ME) quotes. So does this mean he is welcome back JACK?

EXPERIENCE---MAKING NEW MISTAKES INSTEAD OF REPEATING OLD ONES

Super Kaz

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:09 AM »
"...all the sacrifices you guys will make..."

Sacrifices?  What the heck?  Jonathon, you didn't tell me about that part of this thing!

Way to Go STUD :evil:! Best of Luck :-D
If I can ever Help out just ask :wink:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 05:03:53 AM »

SSS, you say nobody is "banned". That reminds me of the story I made up to explain the origin of JackD's famous "nobody's fool" Whether you liked him or just thought he was a trouble maker, I think half the hits on this sight were to see what he was going to say next. I for one got a kick out of some of his (ME) quotes. So does this mean he is welcome back JACK?

2nd that.....

bring back Jack!!
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:32 AM »

2nd that.....

bring back Jack!!
Here's another welcome back invitation for Davros (opps),,I mean,,,Jack..what If you were nominated for "entertainment officer" ?  :?
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

bak189

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
O.K.......O.K......if Jack is allowed back.........I will
start posting again, so all of you can profit from my wealth of landspeed racing and life experiences.......................................................................

REMEMBER.....2 wheels is not enough........4 wheels
are to many.........3 wheels is just right......................

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
Well, within reason, I don't plan on commenting on who is or is not banned.  That issue shouldn't be discussed in public, in my opinion, nor would I choose to discuss on the forum the potential reasoning for banning someone.  I appreciate your feedback on this issue, and also your feelings (which might not have been expressed).  I want this site to be as open and fair as I can "make" it.  (Quotes because I'm only the head handlebar holder -- you folks are the ones that are the most important to the site).

So -- feel free to reread what I've posted since I took over and make your own decisions.

Thanks, folks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
One wonders where Nancy will put her new Landracing.com tattoo?  Inquiring minds need to know...................... :-D
Bob Drury

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:35:59 PM »
Jon (aka S3),

Thanks for saving Landracing.com! When the Site was down I think we all found out what a valuable information source it is ( I know, don't end a sentence in a preposition).

You will get all the support we can give. Looking forward to Salt Talks 2008 and meeting you and Nancy.

Tom

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »
Hey Slim, :-D

I am much more interested in the technology than the politics, but have a few questions anyway.

Will you still be in charge of the portos? Or will that get delegated to your new minister of administration? :mrgreen:

Seriously, this venue is rather unique in that it is somewhat of an open format and I suggest that within reason it should be as open as possible. I don't care for any of the backbiting and hurled epithets, but if I see those I simply move to another subject much like when I surf the TV (I don't endure commercials). :evil:

With that said, I am pleased to see your commitment to continue the site for those of us in the more obscure places on this earth. :lol:

Thanks again. 8-)

Regards,
HB2 :-)

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Harold -
The POPP* title remains mine until I find someone that wishes to assume it, and I'm not looking at this point.  *Potentate of Porta Potties

With reference to your TV surfing and how you compare it to your feelings about what you see on this site - okay.  That's your way of doing it -- and that's fine with me, but I can't make it a rule -- there are some that want to do things in their own way, and I don't want to try and inflict "my" rules on everyone - other than asking for a modicum of civility, establishing that there are moderators with some supervisory powers and capabilities, and making it clearly known to all that being booted off the site is possible if that civility is abused grossly.  One thing I've got to do soon is get together with all of the folks who have agreed to be moderators and set up some guidelines for what they should do and what they can do -- so that they feel they're doing the right thing without having to ask if I want to second-guess them.  We'll get to that moderator chat soon...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »
Bob (bak189, that is):

Welcome back.  I hope you choose to stay with us for the foreseeable future.  Your input is valued not only because you bring your own unique perspective, but also because I want (and I think we all do) as many voices and thoughts as possible to share this site.  Thanks for posting today.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com