Author Topic: New Web Site Owners  (Read 22718 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
New Web Site Owners
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »
First Jon thank you for your years of dedication and service to the land speed racers and the great landracing.com web site. I as many others know the hard work and untold hours and the travel to events to keep the LSR world informed. It has been great working with you and know how hard it is to let go. You deserve the rest and the time to race your bike this season. Thanks for all you  have done.

To Jon Wennerberg and Nancy we wish you the best in this new venue and I will give you the same support as we did with Jon Amo. Having another racer taking over shows how people care about this site. We will do everything to keep it clean and fair for all. It's up to the racers to support it and respect the site and use it for what it is intended for.

Good luck Jon Amo and Jon W. :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline hotschue

Re: New Web Site Owners
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:29:46 PM »
BRAVO, could not be to a more dedicated LSR Team,  Best to luck Jon & Nancy!!!
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
THANKS JON AND NANCY! You've rescued us.

Thanks also to Jon and Keilani. Your hard work over the time you grew the site has made a huge difference for a lot of people.

Pete

Offline salt27

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »
Jon and Nancy,
This seems like a good fit.
You have our support.
Don and Gus Jxn

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
Thank you for the past.

Congratulations for the future.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Freud

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
I have been impressed with the enthusiasm that Jon Amo has demonstrated as he built his knowledge in the LSR community.
He found out what was fact and what was fiction. He dug hard to make certain that the accomplishments of the racers were reported fairly. I know the amount of time he spent in getting the foto downloads done from Wendover and the steps that he took to be able to transmit data from Australia.
He had an incredible skill in locating memorabilia and an equal skill in selling it to people that would treasure it.
It just won't be Jon Amo that answers our dumb ass questions from now on.

Hello......PC Far North JON.

You have my support.

FREUD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:32:11 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:22:53 AM »
Can only ditto the above posts and thank the hard efforts of the old owner and wish the new owner success in continuing this GREAT information exchange site in spite of some of the poster's eccentricities from time to time that I'm sure, will drive him to distraction.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:42:04 AM »
Jon & Nancy as the new owner...fantastic

We can't get better new owner....Jon and Nancy showed before with there volunteer work at the salt and other occasions that they are true racers and they are interest to support our sport.

I wish you two all the best for your new "business"...

and to Jon (Amo) thanks for everything you done for the speed community and I see you this time on the five mile marker......

Jon & Nancy...you will get my support...and if you need a help...especially in LSR historie...let me know

Think fast....always....and ever
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 08:17:16 AM »
Jon and Keilani,

Thank you both for all the hard work and dedication in getting this site started and keeping it going.  From past experience in other venues I know projects of this magnitude don't just happen without a lot of effort.  Hope you both can get to relax a bit and get some well deserved enjoyment from the sport you have given so much to.  Hope to get back to the salt some one of these years and thank you in person.

Jon and Nancy,

I can't think of a better team to keep the LSR info streaming out here into the woods [even tho i mite ave to git out a Englis book or 2 to figer out tehm comma thingees now].  Seriously, I feel the site is still in the best of hands and will continue to move forward.  Congratulations!  See you at Maxton.

Take care all,

Ed Purinton

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 08:20:38 AM »
Thanks Jon for all the efforts you've made running this site and thanks to Jon for taking up the challenge to keep it all going. Thanks to Keilani and Nancy for their support to the Jons.........Top work everyone.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 10:41:02 AM »
Congratulations to Jon & Jon----seems like they are going to Keep it in the family- :-D-JON to JON--biker to biker :evil:  I wish to add my best wishes to BOTH of your future endevors!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 10:49:22 AM »
Thanks Jon and Keilani for all the sacrifices you guys have made over the years to keep this great site up for all of us.......................

......and.........................

..............Thanks Jon and Nancy for taking this on and for all the sacrifices you guys will make keeping this great site up for all of us.

We are all here to help,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »
"...all the sacrifices you guys will make..."

Sacrifices?  What the heck?  Jonathon, you didn't tell me about that part of this thing!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »
"...all the sacrifices you guys will make..."

Sacrifices?  What the heck?  Jonathon, you didn't tell me about that part of this thing!

Hey you guys have already made a bunch  :-o.  Now the question that I've been loosing real sleep over is can you handle the porta potties and landracing.com at the same time.  I can't decide, at least during Speed Week, which I need more  :cry:,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
As the new owner of landracing.com I want to reassure everyone that I'm going to try to make this an open forum for everyone - for discussion of all things landracing, even your opinions about what works and doesn't work.  I'd sure like to keep it on a civil status, of course -- racing is fine, but the usual subjects -- religion, politics, personal thoughts about how the organizations run their respective groups, and negative comments about one another -- no, those don't belong in the forum.  We've got the "private message" system available -- that's where you ought to go to vent if that's what you feel is necessary. 

Nobody is "banned" from landracing.com as it stands -- and I'd be happier than a racer with his brand-new 2 Club hat if it remains that nobody is banned.  Got it?  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com