Author Topic: New Date For BUB Event  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: New Date For BUB Event
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
Hey, ya don't think it could be a timing problem do you?  Chris Carr may have a conflicting race date with the original Bub event....  :-o
When do they run the Springfield Mile?   :roll:  :| 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
............When do they run the Springfield Mile?   :roll:  :| 

I found an Aug. 31st date doing a search,

Sum

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »
Springfield is on Labor Day and Memorial Day weekend every year. With the mile being run on Sunday. They would have known that well in advance.

It has been said that things were going to be much better this year. So far I don't see much difference.

I emailed a tech question April 26 and have not recieved a response yet. Now, I have another question. I hope someone's home when I send this question.

Larry  :-(
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Chris Carr

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »
Just to set the record straight, the date change for the Bub event was not based on "MY" schedule. It will be nice to be there in the beginning this time, but I will have to miss the end as well as the party afterward. I do sympathise with those who have to change or scrap travel plans, as I've been down that road with AMA Pro Racing several times. I look forward to seeing you in September.

Sincerely,
Chris Carr   

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
Welcome, Chris -- thanks for signing up to the Forum, and thanks for taking a minute to let us know your side of the story.  After all -- you got held feet to the fire for a while yesterday, so you might as well be here in person to share in the fragrance of cooked toes (so to speak).

Enough of that stuff.  I hope you're planning on stopping by this site now and then to read what we're doing, and maybe to bring some of your viewpoints to us.  Heck, you might even have a sense of humor, too, and that's always needed here.

So - when will you be at Bonneville this year - other than Bub's meet?  Maybe as a spectator, if not to race.  Will you be at any private time events (if you can tell us about 'em)?  We'd be happy to have you there, just like we're willing to have the car people join us (watch that one start up something!).

Regards -
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »
Well, not really on-topic, but this looks like it's close enough.  Nancy and I are in Wendover for the evening.  I walked down to the Motel 6 and asked -- and they've got quite a few rooms available for the Bub's event.  Monday and Tuesday nights at $39.99/single, Wednesday-on at $29.99/single.  If you're thinking about going to Bub's -- don't let high costs for lodging keep you away.

We're going to take a couple of Nancy's kids camping over this weekend but plan to be back in Wendover by Monday evening -- so we can be on the Salt Tuesday morning to start providing some "coverage" of the event.

Oh, yeah -- speaking of the event, don't forget there's a cash award for the cleanest pit -- an award in honor of this website.  And in conjunction with that money I'll make sure there's a landracing.com t-shirt or two for the award winners.  The Boy Scouts will be "patrolling" the pits to keep an eye open on the clean pit situation and decide the winner, so Nancy and I won't be the judges.  Keep your neighborhood clean and get not only some $$$ but also some t-shirts.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 11:23:23 PM »
Slim, would u give me a call, preze !!

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »
I would be glad to call you -- but I don't have your number in the contact list.  I've probably got it in the received call list -- but yours is mixed in with about 30 others.  Send me the # (use the PM or send to me at jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org) and I'll call you -- but it's about bedtime in Wendover.  Nancy's already there -- and I don'tcare to make her wait for me, as I'm sure you can understand.  Tomorow morning will be good enough, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com