Author Topic: drill index stand  (Read 7277 times)

Offline depdawg

• New folks
drill index stand
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »
i am looking for a drill index, the kind that is a stand, no lid no box, just the kind that hold the bits that i usually need and use at the drill press. any help or leads would be appreciated.

Offline RichFox

Re: drill index stand
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »
I guess you have decided not to take a piece of hard wood and just drill holes in it?

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline depdawg

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »
I thought about the wood thing, but the humidity is so high here and my garage is not air conditioned, I would rather not have something that will hold humidity. I looked at the Hout pages, and I alrady have a couple of the little indexes, I know it's being anal about it.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »
Got a Harbor Freight in the area, if not http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=transfer+punch
Throw the punches in the tool box punch drawer and pop the bits in the stand....
Might beat drilling a bunch of holes in an aluminum block....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RichFox

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
Plastic, Aluminum?

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
I would get 2 drill guages and put a sepprator between them (maybe 1") and a rest plate just slightly under the bottom (about 1/4"). This would work great and look cool if you cant find one pre made. This one from Irwin already has holes on the sides, a small piece of aluminum round stock would be perfect for the spacers.....now I want one!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:16:01 PM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »
Try McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com). If they don`t have it,you don`t need it! Jerry
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
Google Busy Bee Tools, then search for part #B956. The only problem is that there's an agreement between Busy Bee and Grizzly that Busy Bee won't sell into the States and Grizzly won't sell into Canada. The companies are owned by a pair of brothers. Unfortunately that makes us Canadians the losers most of the time because Grizzly has a much broader selection.

Pete