Author Topic: Typical Production Class Interiors?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline SteveM

Typical Production Class Interiors?
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have my rulebook in front of me right now, and I probably should.  Anyway, my question is about what typical production class cars have as far as interior panels.  I know that the rulebook requires door panels (either factory or fabricated) and full width dashes (again, either factory or fabricated).  Headliners and carpets can be removed.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what the average Production Class car actually has in terms of interior accoutrements (sp?).  Are aluminum door panels the norm, as well as aluminum dashes?  I can see the advantage of not having factory door panels and dash from a fire perspective.  The same goes for carpeting and headliners.  I assume that it is desirable to remove or replace everything that might be flammable within the interior.

I'm in the beginning phase of building a Production Class car, and I'm just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks,

SteveM.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

John Romero

Re: Typical Production Class Interiors?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
Most of them have factory dashes. I would assume because there is no significant benefit to removing them. Almost all have had the carpet removed. It is a PITA to have a carpeted car on the salt and there is no good reason to keep it. I would guess that 50% have had the headliner removed.