Author Topic: P/MP Roll Cage  (Read 2586 times)

Offline DCarr511

P/MP Roll Cage
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
I have been asked to build a Roll Cage for a guy who wants to run a P/MP at Bonneville.

It is an Extended Cab Chevy S10. He plans on going 200 MPH ( dont we all )

One thing the Owner wants ... but I dont think he is going to get is that he doesnt want the Rear Struts coming off the Main Hoop to go through the back of the cab, ... or if they do he wants them to go through below the rear window.

Can he have it his way ?

Looking through the 2008 Rule Book on page 24 it says: A minimum four (4) point roll cage is required if the front hoop is continuous and directly connected to the lower frame rail.

WTF does that mean ? Continuous from where, The Main Hoop, ... side to side across the front ?????

Then it talks about having 5 points or more and shows a diagram on pg. 25 of a typical Roll Cage for a Door Car in figure 1.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: P/MP Roll Cage
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
Dan has asked that rules questions be directed to the www.scta-bni.org web site to the rules questions section. Dan may also answer it here if he so desires. There are photos in the pick up truck section of the rule book that shows them both ways.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:26:31 PM »
Dan has asked that rules questions be directed to the www.scta-bni.org web site to the rules questions section. Dan may also answer it here if he so desires. There are photos in the pick up truck section of the rule book that shows them both ways.

Thank You Glen ... I will look through the rule book better and if needed will send my question to the SCTA.

Thanks again !!

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »
I sent this request to:

rulebookinfo@scta-bni.org

DW

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »
Dan .. A little late, but Thanks for forwarding it. I have talked to Lee Kennedy on the phone and in email and we came to the conclusion that drawings will have to be submitted.