Author Topic: Thanks to the Volunteers  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Thanks to the Volunteers
« on: April 09, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, but here goes -

THANKS to all the VOLUNTEERS!!!!  How would we do this without you?  It was especially chaotic this weekend with the rainout, which necessitated leading the competitors down the track to the staging lanes, thereby holding up the track while this happened.  I can't begin to name all the names of those who pitched in - you know who you are.  THANKS is the best word I have to offer.

I'd like to get the whole volunteer thing more organized.  It would be a HUGE help if most or all of you could let me know ahead of time who you are, when you will be available, and what job you would like to do.  There are some draft training materials available which might help some in preparing for your assignment, so I could E-mail them to the interested folks.  Ultimately, I'd like to have it set up so that we have enough folks at each position that no one is stuck in a work assignment all day.

Thanks Again

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Super Kaz

Re: Thanks to the Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »
Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, but here goes -

THANKS to all the VOLUNTEERS!!!!  How would we do this without you?  It was especially chaotic this weekend with the rainout, which necessitated leading the competitors down the track to the staging lanes, thereby holding up the track while this happened.  I can't begin to name all the names of those who pitched in - you know who you are.  THANKS is the best word I have to offer.

I'd like to get the whole volunteer thing more organized.  It would be a HUGE help if most or all of you could let me know ahead of time who you are, when you will be available, and what job you would like to do.  There are some draft training materials available which might help some in preparing for your assignment, so I could E-mail them to the interested folks.  Ultimately, I'd like to have it set up so that we have enough folks at each position that no one is stuck in a work assignment all day.

Thanks Again

Dan

Dan,
I was at a different West Coast event,but have to give a BIG Shout out to ALL THE SCTA VOLUNTEER'S,and Everyone else who helped out with the 1st El Mirage event of the SEASON :-o!What do you do when it gets HOT out:|? Your the True Unselfish Hero's in my Book! To the Guardian Angle at the starting line at ELMO you saved my Life{He brought me cold water and Ice,and a Big Umbrella 8-)} while I waited for the 2nd round to begin{about 3+hr's in the Rookie stagging lane} As the bike I was supposed to run was not ready so I got to Ride J/N's{THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!} # 1 Bike for my Rookie run :evil:!
To the Motorcycle Tech Guy's Tom & Drew Thank you for putting up with my rookie self while doing Your Great Jobs!!!!
Thank You All for your UNSELFISH DEDICATION!
without them we couldn't do this.
Thanks,
Kaz................