Author Topic: Photo Gallery  (Read 3359 times)

Offline thrust39

• New folks
Photo Gallery
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
Hi,
Just a quick question - I notice on the main page that there is a Photo Gallery tab, but when I click on it I am informed that the gallery is offline; when is it coming back?
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs...     (Kipling)

landracing

Re: Photo Gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
Photo gallery will be back in time.
I have over 13000 images from 98 to present and its a large gallery. I am trying to go find a gallery which can manage this type of large gallery and NOT bog down the server. Which has been an issue recently.

Be patient and I will have it back online soon.

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
Speaking of the gallery (which speaking I've decided should be on this old thread instead of the Bonneville General Chat one) --

We've been engaged in a big project to put up a major bunch of photos.  Woody has been doing some editing and cleaning up, and Bob did the actual posting -- thank (or blame!) them.  Some of the photos, Woody reports, he's edited.  Some he's added comments where the information is known and easy to confirm.  But you folks that are viewing the gallery are very welcome - nay, invited -- to offer suggestions or corrections.  I want this to be a good repository (not suppository) of photos of as much of the history of land speed racing as we can find.  Woody harvested some of these from the "Old Bonneville Photos" thread, and some from other places.  Please give him your comments -- and if there's something that you feel needs attribution (or even removal, for some arcane or legal reason) - please let me know and it'll be done pretty quick chop-chop like, hey?  Oh, yeah -- and the photos that I got from Jonathon when I bought the site -- they're three CD roms -- they're going to go to Woody's for his farculation and perhaps addition to the Gallery.  And there's one from Dr. Goggles, too, showing lots of the stuff from Lake Gairdner '09.  Yeah, we're gonna have lots and lots of photos in the Gallery on landracing.com

Bob reports that he put about 1,400 photos into the Gallery.  Enjoy 'em, please.  We did not try to copyright-mark them -- too difficult to do in this quantity, and likely only to make the honest folks not copy them.  The nasty b***tards that'll steal will still steal 'em, so there's not much point.  Nonetheless -- I do thank Jon Amo and the many other folks whose camera work has gone into getting the images in the first place.  To those people:  If there is one or a whole bunch of photos that you feel need specific attribution I'll be glad to add it.  Please let me know.

Back to the Forum, and for me, back to outdoor work.  TTFN
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
As Woody mentioned earlier -- he's got a bunch of photos posted in the Photo Gallery, with more to come soon.  As I was going through said display just now I noticed that there's only one picture in the "Offerings to the Gods of Speed" -- and that's my set of burned plugs and a holed piston.

You folks are all encouraged to send photos of your damaged parts.  It might be instructive for someone -- and for sure it'll be entertaining to observe the many ways that we can hurt parts.  Send the photos to me, please, with "Offerings" in the subject line -- and I'll forward them to Mr. Woody.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com