Author Topic: Vortex Generators  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Vortex Generators
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:34:02 AM »
In the rule book it mentiones Vortex Generators, however in the classes that we run in, it does not mention or say anything about them. So does that mean its legal to run them, or are they approved for other classes?

TIA
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline aircap

Re: Vortex Generators
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
What class do you run, Clay?
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
Potentially BFCC, GC, FCC, BGCC, GCC

Thanks
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:24:24 PM »
2008 rule book, pg. 41, 4.CC and pg. 43, 4.CC.8, discuss the requirements, I would wait for Dan W. to answer.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »
Me thinks that in the 2nd paragraph of the rule book (5.D.1 page 62 of the '08 book) where it says "Other than top chopping, no modification to the body is allowed". But I too would like to hear from Dan........
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:09:39 PM by Dynoroom »
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 09:45:45 PM »
The Comp Coupe class allows streamlining ahead of the cowl. First paragraph in section 5.D.1  states that streamining devices included in 4.CC can be used.

The original question included GC, I figure this was a typo. If not, section 5.D.3, page 66, 3rd paragraph states that any streamining devices included in 4.CC cannot be used.

If I may once again refer questions to the new rules clearing house:

rulebookinfo@scta-bni.org

This email address was put in place as a tool to help speed up the response to questions. This is supposed to work for the m/c guys too Bak189. There is oversite to ensure that the mailbox is being used to help you.

If you think a rule needs better wording please submit a change form, available at www.scta-bni.org.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »
Lets all try to work with Dan on the rule book questions on the SCTA web site. It becomes a matter of record for SCTA to follow up during the year and for forecasting rule changes for the next year. I am sure Dan will allow answers to be given to this web site after they(SCTA) gives their response.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah