Author Topic: exhaust gas analyzers  (Read 4829 times)

LSRgroupie

exhaust gas analyzers
« on: February 27, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
Does anyone know of a inexpensive analyzer for setting fuel curves on a carburated engine? Any tricks or suggestions appreciated. Thanx

Randy Williams

Re: exhaust gas analyzers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »
Barry try this link.

www.altronicsinc.com

They have just released a new EGT recorder.
 Note: not legal for the Classic classes.

Randy
 No Class Racing

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
Barry
 In discussions of the designer and manufacturer of my new engine management system, John Meaney, he mentioned he has an air/fuel device, using a UEGO that sells for somewhere around $600.  While I am not interested, you may be.  The company is BIG Stuff in Hartland Mi. phone 248 8870344 or email big@pngusa.net
 I have no vested interest in this product.  John's background though is designer and owner or DFI, which has become ACCEL, Designer of the Fel Pro "Fast" system, and others.  He is on his own now and doing well.

Rick Byrnes
Rick

dad land

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
i own some thing called a pac-pro mobile 5 gas anylizer from snap on. a very good piece of equipment and kinda mobile as a tuning tool under actual load conditions. but not cheap by my standards but the best one i could afford!then there is one on  the dyno but it's stationary.the pac pro has a pretty long memory for data logging but 2" thick and about the size of a lap top. i purchased mine as a re-po from snap on and still paid  about 4500 for it.but loan value was just under 8 grand.  dad land

Cal

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
I use a wide-band O2 meter from Inovate.  It was about $350 and works very well on my electronic fuel injected engine.
 http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/