Author Topic: Maxton, this weekend  (Read 10482 times)

dwarner

Re: Maxton, this weekend
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
I must say here that Fogie and I enjoyed ourselves. We were treated very graciously, although you guys kept us up way too late every night. It is nice to get to work and slow down a bit.

My observarions are that the group running the races have done a super job in preserving John Beckett's legacy. When the rain out happened everyone stepped up to pull off a two day race in a single day as best they could. The people I spoke with were just happy to be on the grounds. Like Debbie told me, she almost never gets to visit during a normal meet, too busy.

Tonya and Donna(Donya) are really the backbone here. They stepped up to each challenge as it arose over the weekend, from registration to moving the banquet, any number of things that would break someone else.

Fogie is going to see about loading a truck up with some fuel roadsters and returning to run the mile, I would like to return then also.

I can see the standing mile events like Maxton and Texas expanding into a separate LSR venue with a consistent set of records. I have heard rumblings of interest from both the NW and NE. With a single rulebook and class structure this could be a good way to bring in the young racers we so often talk about, those that will carry the sport in future years.

DW

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
Fred:

No, neither of us got to throw a leg over a bike this last weekend.  A fellow on this forum (Osti) offered me a ride on his production 'Busa if and when he got his licensing passes done -- but with only one day to run he made just two passes, so I didn't get the opportunity.  He showed me another phase of the LSR cordiality, though, in sending a note a day or so ago apologizing that he hadn't had the chance to let me go for a ride.  Nancy didn't ride, either, but one of these days ... one of these days, Alice -- We'll have our own bikes, you'll see!

Thanks for asking.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:48:26 PM by wolcottjl »
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline shearer

• New folks
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
We were treated very graciously, although you guys kept us up way too late every night.

Al was going like a freight train well after I was ready to retire Saturday night.  :-o Sunday morning didn't feel so good.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
And his 4-wheeled ride wasn't quite ready yet, but will be at the next meet, sporting some actual HP (I hope).  We should get him to "throw a leg" over the Music With ME Camaro, too.

Dan

Fred:

No, neither of us got to throw a leg over a bike this last weekend.  A fellow on this forum (Osti) offered me a ride on his production 'Busa if and when he got his licensing passes done -- but with only one day to run he made just two passes, so I didn't get the opportunity.  He showed me another phase of the LSR cordiality, though, in sending a note a day or so ago apologizing that he hadn't had the chance to let me go for a ride.  Nancy didn't ride, either, but one of these days ... one of these days, Alice -- We'll have our own bikes, you'll see!

Thanks for asking.
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline osti

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
Fred:

Thanks for asking.

Yeah, it sure is a bummer about the rain on Saturday. It still was great meeting everyone. I am going to try and make it back for another meet later this summer. If my schedule works out and I do get back there you are still welcome to ride my bike.

Take care,
Ryan