Author Topic: any updates on race this weekend???  (Read 6413 times)

Offline mkilger

any updates on race this weekend???
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
Has any body got any updates on the texas mile this weekend??  let us know. :-(

Offline datzilla

• New folks
Re: any updates on race this weekend???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
There has to be someone out there with todays results?

landracing

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
All I have heard was a busa went 240 and another went over 235, Turbo busas.

heard there was a head wind most of the day.

Jon

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
Terry Kizer is riding Gurthies bikes, a GSXR-1000 went down yesterday after a car lost oil on the track (not sure if they were related incidents) several muscle cars however no speeds were posted.

2 of the turbo Hayabusa's that ran over 200 have been hurt and are done for the event.

Scott,

Post some info :-D

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
I left about 30min after the accident, the ambulance was still down track at the accident so I kind of figured that he wasnt hurt real bad.
 They were battling 15-20mph head winds all day. One of the Texas turbo busas ran 240+, a young lady,Jen, ran 212 I think on turbo busa,one of Scott Guthrie's bikes went alittle over 230. the Screaming Eagle lakester didnt make a run I think had trouble keeping it running,boy is that a beautiful lakester.
  In the car dept, the fastest run I saw was a Ford GT-40(new version) ran a204,a dragster ran a 208, those were the only cars I saw over 200. There was a nice 66-67 chevelle that was at worlds WF last year going around 150. lots of cars and bikes in180 &190 range. Lots of high$ cars vipers,gt-40,pantera,ferrari. Lots of nice bikes, Whole lot a busas.  Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:29:20 PM »
Just got home from the first mile with the new set up. First word that comes to mind about the weekend is WINDY! Lots of thanks go out to: Third Coast Speed, RCC Turbos, Speedninja, Canadian Mike, Tiger Racing, Smithabusa, Star Rotors, Brock's, ChickenHawk Tire Warmers, Schnitz Racing, Scorpion Helmets, Redline Oil, APE. Thanks to Dave O, Noonan, and many others that have given me advise via phone calls, emails, pm's...MANY! especially to Mike at Third Coast Speed!
Hard to get started here, still lots to take in. Got to see and talk to all the old faces and hang out with other members from the boards. Got to pit with the fastest guy at the track, Charlie "No Fear" busa200. Got to meet, hang out, and compete against Dave O and Scott Guthrie/Kizer who are all gentlemen. Dave gives lots of little tips if you listen.
Very windy all weekend, mainly  headwinds but cross gusts  My first run was a 237 right out of the trailer at about 450HP with lots left on tap and spinning badly up top. I was very surprised when I got my time slip. Very pleased with the speed I could have loaded it up then and went home very happy. Well that feeling lasted for an hour and then it was time to turn it up! Blew up on the next run, it was pulling a noticable amount harder and spinning more too, It popped a little past 3/4 mile mark and slowed to a 190mph. So, back to the drawing board for the next race, time to investigate, research and come up with a game plan to save the motor and the tire(if possible to not spin, doubtful).
Unofficially... Charlie 240, Dave O 239, Me 237, Kizer/Guthrie 237 others can post up how they did.
I could not have made it without everyone mentioned plus my supportive wife who was tired of me being in the garage on the way down to race and then trying to talk me into pulling the motor and staying up all night to try and fix it since we were the top dog at that time....

TexasMile 261.5 MPH
http://www.houstonmile.com/

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:48 AM »
Just got home from the first mile with the new set up. First word that comes to mind about the weekend is WINDY! Lots of thanks go out to: Third Coast Speed, RCC Turbos, Speedninja, Canadian Mike, Tiger Racing, Smithabusa, Star Rotors, Brock's, ChickenHawk Tire Warmers, Schnitz Racing, Scorpion Helmets, Redline Oil, APE. Thanks to Dave O, Noonan, and many others that have given me advise via phone calls, emails, pm's...MANY! especially to Mike at Third Coast Speed!
Hard to get started here, still lots to take in. Got to see and talk to all the old faces and hang out with other members from the boards. Got to pit with the fastest guy at the track, Charlie "No Fear" busa200. Got to meet, hang out, and compete against Dave O and Scott Guthrie/Kizer who are all gentlemen. Dave gives lots of little tips if you listen.
Very windy all weekend, mainly  headwinds but cross gusts  My first run was a 237 right out of the trailer at about 450HP with lots left on tap and spinning badly up top. I was very surprised when I got my time slip. Very pleased with the speed I could have loaded it up then and went home very happy. Well that feeling lasted for an hour and then it was time to turn it up! Blew up on the next run, it was pulling a noticable amount harder and spinning more too, It popped a little past 3/4 mile mark and slowed to a 190mph. So, back to the drawing board for the next race, time to investigate, research and come up with a game plan to save the motor and the tire(if possible to not spin, doubtful).
Unofficially... Charlie 240, Dave O 239, Me 237, Kizer/Guthrie 237 others can post up how they did.
I could not have made it without everyone mentioned plus my supportive wife who was tired of me being in the garage on the way down to race and then trying to talk me into pulling the motor and staying up all night to try and fix it since we were the top dog at that time....

Congratulations on your best speed and sorry to hear about the engine problem.

Dang wind!!

John
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:19:21 PM by John Noonan »

Offline Waco Racer

• New folks
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:02:55 AM by Waco Racer »
NASA Texas Race Director

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »
Thanks J
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html

Offline Waco Racer

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:11 AM »
They ran the full mile but didn't hit the afterburner until the 3/4 marker.
NASA Texas Race Director

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
They ran the full mile but didn't hit the afterburner until the 3/4 marker.
That thing would be scary fast it did the whole mile under power.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline Waco Racer

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
They would either run out of thrust or lose control  if they did that! They are supposed to be coming back in October with another car and a carbon fiber body for the one that set the record. Who knows what the new logo will read.

Congrats on the 237! Any plans to top the 251?
NASA Texas Race Director

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 02:10:29 PM »
They would either run out of thrust or lose control  if they did that! They are supposed to be coming back in October with another car and a carbon fiber body for the one that set the record. Who knows what the new logo will read.

Of course, but I honestly have lots to learn, may take years.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »

Thanks!!! Of course, but I honestly have lots to learn, may take years.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH