Author Topic: Model Cars  (Read 14959 times)

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
Re: Model Cars
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 02:23:03 PM »
The Speed Record Club has a very healthy modelling section, with a range of models produced by individuals. The newly altered website is: www.speedrecordclub.com ...I just bought a beautiful model of the Pheonix truck from Ugo Fadini!
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 03:59:38 PM »
Not only that Ugo Fadini is may be the best LSR model maker, he is also a big collector of LSR models... His collection about LSR models will be a 500 + on models which he got in is place in Padova....therefore my own collection is small....around 120 models....but some of them are one of a kind...built by my own...like the Schmid Orpheus from 1963....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:02:36 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 04:00:36 PM »
some more
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
one more
Pork Pie

Offline thrust39

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
Hi guys,
It is really cool reading about your collections of model LSR cars. I look forward to seeing many more. I am going to a toy fair tomorrow and hope to add to my small collection. If I do, will post pics.
Paul

If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs...     (Kipling)

Offline thrust39

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »
Hi Pork Pie,
I have not seen the Schmid Orpheus before so will have to do some background research on it. The pictures of your model is really cool.
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs...     (Kipling)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
About the Schmid Orpheus.

Schmid was in the 60s the chief engineer at Porsche.

He designed a hybrid record car in 1960 - the concept showed a jet engine which exhaust "moved" a paddle in the rear of the car to turn the rear wheels......the idea was that 60 percent of the power to push the car forward would come from the trust power, 40 percent wheel powered.
Schmid was interest to go 500+ mph.
The reason for this hybrid was the rule book to this time....to this time there was only wheel powered cars allowed.
After Donald Campbell's crash in 1960 at Bonneville with the Bluebird CN7, Schmid modified the design of the car to the 1963 version, which I done.
They start to built the car in Italy but it was coming to the stop when the British goverment didn't allowed to sale the necessary (british) jet engine....the reason was that the Briton Donald Campbell was still trying to get the record for England.........so this very interested project was never finished.
Another interested detail on the car was the solid wheels - it was 15 years later that so wheels was used in the LSR sport - SMI Motivator (Kitty O'Neil) and Slick Gardner (ex Art Arfons Green Monster)
Pork Pie

Offline thrust39

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »
I found this pic of a model offered on grandprixmodels.co.uk which is obviously different to the one in your pics. Were there different versions of this car?

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
This is the 1960 version,

different ist the nose and especially the area between the main body and the wheel covers - this area was on the 60 version one piece - as you can see on the 63 (the one I built) is in this area a gap between the front and the rear axle. Another different is the wing above the cockpit and also the hood of the engine compartment is shorter.The only part which was the same, was the wheel cover rear end with the air brake.

The master for the 1960 model was done by Fred Harris for Mach One Models
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 05:12:51 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Offline thrust39

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
As promised, here are some pics of my latest acquisitions. I went to my local toy fair today and found more than I expected. The Bluebird I knew about as I saw it a few weeks ago - oddly I found examples of it on four stands today but this black wheel version was the best of them. The Thunderbolt appears to have had a bit of an eclectic past. As can be seen in the pic, someone had mistaken it for a Bluebird as there are vestiges of blue paint. I am intending a full repaint on this one. The MG EX135 is complete but needs paint and decals; a project for the future. Bargain of the day is the Eyston car which I secured for just £3 ( about $6).

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 12:18:35 PM »
Joline and I were at a Christmas party on Saturday and I noticed this sitting under the host's tree. He said that it had belonged to his father when he was a child. Sunbeam!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ