Author Topic: Model Cars  (Read 14960 times)

Offline thrust39

• New folks
Model Cars
« on: March 27, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
Hi all,
Just a quick note to ask whether members that have collections of LSR model cars could post pics and info on the cars they have. My own collection is very much in its infancy as can be seen below. I just missed out on a kit of the 1905 Napier on Ebay today but am going to a local model fair/swapmeet on Sunday so hope to find something there. Look forward to seeing other collections.
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs...     (Kipling)

LVMAXX

Re: Model Cars
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 05:51:16 PM »
 :-D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 08:39:57 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:52 PM »
the car on the left is a Minic , the other two are Dinkys............I don't know what any of them are but have been lead to believe they are somewhat valuable....they were bought with a bunch of others for $5 in a charity shop by a former girlfriend.......sorry about the pic quality

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:28:52 AM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:11:23 PM »
Are you trying to sell them?
Let me know
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »
This is a display case in my office entry. On the inside I have several die cast models including the Stutz Black Hawk, a few different Bluebirds, the Silver Bullit, Sunbeam 1000 hp car, Golden Arrow, Thunderbolt, Railton, Protius, Summers Bros., and Al Teague. A little lower I have smaller die casts of the Napier, Blitzen Benz, Ford 999, etc.
I enjoy them.

I also have another case with some misc. Shelby and other stuff......

I also have some unbuilt die cast I've been thinking about getting rid of. Check e-bay because some cost more than others and you don't want to be shocked to much.  :| PM me if interested.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »
Hey, Dr. G. -

The one on the far right is the Goldie Gardner MG!  The EX 135, first MG to break 200 (Bonneville, 1939), and with less than 1100 cc's.  A very cool model.

Because I know that, I guess that makes me a geek.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 05:54:22 PM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »
Are you trying to sell them?
Let me know

well ,despite being at my house they aren't really mine Glen.......therefore I can enjoy them without the temptation of selling them, I won't be passing on the expression of interest at this mo'.............we're still on good terms but I get the feeling she'd sell them if she knew what they were worth......

Thanks for the info Chris.....and yes, you are a geek........I can excuse Englishmen for their pommy car obsessions but when you're six five , live in Milwaukee and drive a Midget you're out on the thin bit of the normal distribution... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

just for the record in the box that those cars came in was an ambulance , fuel tanker, a garbage truck with all working parts and a couple of forties Fords...we took it to a vintage model shop and the old bloke got all sweaty and his eyes bugged out of his head Ed Roth style when he saw them......
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »
Dr G, thanks
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
AAAHHHH a man after my own heart. There are several individuals and or compaines that either make salt flat accessories for models or just models them selves. AMT did a couple the attempt 1 from Mickey Thompson, also the challenger 1, also they did a 37 chevy that was called the salt flat racer, and they also did a studebaker that was called the salty dog.
 If you are interested email me off board and I can direct you to lots of information about these as well as shows, contests, etc.
If you are interested in just normal every day cars old and new, a good friend of mine is resin casting models of almost every type of car, he likes the station wagons, but he has done many, many, many, others. From 4dr posts to limos, to just about anything produced in real life.

Talk to you later
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Online aircap

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »
This is a display case in my office entry. On the inside I have several die cast models including the Stutz Black Hawk, a few different Bluebirds, the Silver Bullit, Sunbeam 1000 hp car, Golden Arrow, Thunderbolt, Railton, Protius, Summers Bros., and Al Teague. A little lower I have smaller die casts of the Napier, Blitzen Benz, Ford 999, etc. I enjoy them.

Very nice, I have lots of the smaller stuff - but no sheetmetal ones yet.
I am even "kitbashing" some of the ones that were abused by previous owners.
Speedy Bill Smith has an excellent collection in his Museum in Lincoln.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »
The 24" long windup Golden Arrow & Sunbeam are original tin cars from the period (1920's) and cost me way too much in well worn form. Now you can buy reproductions that are virtually identical for about $40-$60 on E-bay.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

roadtrip

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
Started with an Entex 1/20 scale kit;  heavily modified, converted to left-hand drive, etc.

roadtrip

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »
Pierson Coupe - started with ZZ Top Eliminator kit.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:50:33 PM by roadtrip »

roadtrip

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
MT Challenger backdated from the Revell kit of the 1960 car.

Offline vintagemxr

• Old Fahrt
  • New folks
    • Photographs: Cars. Bikes, Airplanes, and People
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »
I have a small collection of LSR related diecast models and plastic kits including the very nice 1/43 scale pieces that Mattel did several years ago of the Challenger, Railton Special and...can't remember the third car.  I bought a nice model of the Thrust SSC out of England (Corgi brand, I think) and also picked up the SoCal SpeedShop bellytank car from GMP models a couple of years ago.  Also have some post cards of the Mormon Meteor and a signed photo of Bobby Unser out on the salt.  Currently everything is all packed away in the garage except the SoCal car so I don't have any photos to share.  I've tried not to get carried away because there are some very nice models being made and it would be easy to sink way to much money into them.  In total I probably have 15 or 20 cars stashed away waiting for suitable display space somewhere in the house.

Doug

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"