Author Topic: IFS for 1954 Chevy Two Door Coupe For Bonneville 2009  (Read 13246 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: IFS for 1954 Chevy Two Door Coupe For Bonneville 2009
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
Thunder and Plain. I think you will see that an "Air Duct" as defined in the rule book is allowed in Gas Coupe. For the last 35 years I have been the association the were not a body modification. Bruce Gieslers "Hanky Panky" #219 53 Studebaker has one and runs in gas coupe and has for over 40 years. I almost put one in my 1940 Chevrolet after I ran over 150 and the rear became very light.

If you believe they aren't I would contact the head of the Coupe and Sedan committee chairman. I would also use this car as an example. I could be proven wrong on this but with Bruces car as an example I believe I'm correct. It is always best to call these Committee people that's what they are for. If they are not legal I would not want to be the one to tell Bruce.

These devices are not as popluar as they once were and that maybe because of the more aero-dynamic bodies available and the running of cars in Altered which allows the spoilers.   .  .   .  JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 01:24:00 AM »
Thunder: I have reeread the section on streamlining 4CC and an air duct is definately part of that definition for directing air through the vehicle. Funniy thing is 4CC.7 thru 4CC.9 does not mention the air duct specifically but everthing else listed in streamlining.

What else is funny is the air duct or streamlining is not even mentioned in Altered either. I am positive I have seen air ducts exiting behind the rear window in both altered and gas coupes. Gas roadsters say they are specifically allowed and Production and GT specifically forbid them.

These were put in for safety reasons back in the 60's. Perhaps a specific air duct exiting behind the rear window should spelled out; differentiating it from one on the side of a rear engine modified roadster to allow air into an intake.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
Yeah. I re-read it several times and get the same conclusion.  :?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean