Author Topic: Spherical rod end question  (Read 2265 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Spherical rod end question
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
 In sec. 3.L and 3.T the rule book says ..(solid type Heim joints are required)   Does this mean non-drilled solid shank, or all metal non-insulated bearing surface?   Jerry
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline sheribuchta

Re: Spherical rod end question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »
the heim has to have a ball to swivel otherwise it wouldnt work--im a bike guy but we have the same solid heim rule i take it to mean no hollow shaft heims --i have also seen heims with zerk fittings these are hollow then the rule says washers are required that are bigger than the heim so it will be retained if seperation (of the ball) occurs     willie buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »
the heim has to have a ball to swivel otherwise it wouldnt work--im a bike guy but we have the same solid heim rule i take it to mean no hollow shaft heims --i have also seen heims with zerk fittings these are hollow then the rule says washers are required that are bigger than the heim so it will be retained if seperation (of the ball) occurs     willie buchta

"sheri"

Better put the key board down and go weld... :mrgreen:

J

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
hey john  good to hear from you hope you and yours are all in good health  willie buchta