Author Topic: Slow Server Load Times  (Read 3546 times)

landracing

Slow Server Load Times
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
Site Viewers,

This past week, since Monday, we have been experiencing some unusually HIGH Loads on the server. I think I have it traced to the photo gallery. This is the second or third time in the past year that this has happened.
Right now I shut the gallery section of the site down until I can confirm that loads have dropped off to an acceptable level and It is the gallery giving the problem.

Jon

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Slow Server Load Times
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
Site Viewers,

This past week, since Monday, we have been experiencing some unusually HIGH Loads on the server. I think I have it traced to the photo gallery. This is the second or third time in the past year that this has happened.
Right now I shut the gallery section of the site down until I can confirm that loads have dropped off to an acceptable level and It is the gallery giving the problem.

Jon

Certainly is fast again right now.  Thanks Jon,

Sum

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:39:26 PM »
working a treat down under again  :-D
slower than most

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
Jon, I had noticed a slowdown, and wondered -- but then, my service at home come via satellite and that's been slower than molasses for a week, so I didn't know if it was a site problem or what.  Anyway, thanks for bringing up the subject and reassuring us that it's something at your end.

So -- if it is the photo gallery -- is there something that we, as the users of the site, can do to make things all better?  Do we need to send you cash so you can farm the gallery out to someplace that can handle the loads and let the rest of landracing.com go on without hassles?  Will you have to drop the gallery to let the rest of the site go on without faults?

Thanks for all that you do to keep us up and running.  I'd be lost without this site. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
No money is needed, it was a fault in the database, I have shut the gallery down for the time being, until we get settled in our new house.
There is a fix for it, I just need the time to do it.

Jon

Offline rockstar

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
System working fine in the UK tonight,at least i can stop blaming Bill Gates for that one. :-D
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK