Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275774 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #870 on: August 06, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »
Danny,
Would love to have your assistance. We had to tech in 81 vehicles this year and it was a chore. Next year I would expect the number to increase to over a hundred. We could use help in tech and registration as well as on the track.

Joe (Bike Tech)

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
« Reply #871 on: August 07, 2009, 09:34:41 AM »
Id like to be counted in also id help in anyway possible.

Offline Creative Ted

• New folks
« Reply #872 on: August 14, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
MY name is Ted Kempgens. We had the great privilege of attending our first Boneville this past week and would just like to thank everyone for their hospitality welcoming us to the salt. We built the Bill Burke Tribute tanker and were there on Sunday and Monday with Geoff Hacker the owner. I have to say that our experience was more than expected and the friendly manner that the officials showed to us made us feel at home. We are back in Florida looking over some projects and ideas that would allow us to return next year as competitors. As to who we are please visit our web site at www.creativemotionconcepts.com. Again thanks to all. Yours Ted Kempgens

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #873 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »
 :-D  Ted, it was nice being able to watch the reactions of the kids, and the grown ups as they were allowed to sit in the Burke replica. Even all of us from the "Old Crow" pit took a minute to sneak out of our pit to get our pictures taken sitting in it.  Tell Jeff that your effort to retain the history of the Burke tankers is very much appreciated!  Plus the pleasure of meeting you both.      thanks again,   Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline SlyOneJr

« Reply #874 on: August 15, 2009, 05:07:06 PM »
Hello Everyone!
To start off, my name is Jeff Sligh, and I'm a 2nd generation Drag Racer that has recently been bitten by the LSR bug. I have a friend of mine that has an Kawasaki H2 powered kart that got me started into the world of LSR. He has ran at Maxton several years ago with this kart, just powered by a different engine, and has worked with a friend of his way back when with a Hodaka powered streamliner that ran at Bonneville. I still haven't made it to Maxton yet to actually see a race, but I'm looking forward to changing that very soon. I've been called a "loose cannon" quite a few times because of some of the off the wall ideas that I have come up with. Too bad I haven't had the time or the funds to take up on a lot of my ideas. I just recently ordered a rule book for ECTA and I am looking at different ways of possibly getting my name in the record books. I have a bunch of "strange" ideas, and a lot of opinions, but I am always open to new ideas about anything that has a motor and wheels. If anyone in the North Carolina area ever needs a hand, just let me know. Great site you have here, thanks for letting me put my two cents in!
Jeff
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:55:28 PM by SlyOneJr »
New Guy building a L/Gas Lakester
Ninja 250 powered Lakester for ECTA meets

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #875 on: August 15, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
Welcome to one of, if not the best, web sites for LSR.  And don't worry about the loose cannon bit,  we're most of us like that!    Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline hotschue

« Reply #876 on: August 15, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
Hello Jeff...welcome...Any relation to Sherman?????
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline horsewidower

• New folks
« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:47 AM »
Wow, just attended my first Bonneville Speed Week.  I am simply floored.  I've been to a lot of motosports events but nothing else comes close.  One of the problems facing motorsports is its retreat to spec series, controls on innovation and "engineuity".  I'm absolutely fascinated by the degree of engineering and innovation on display.  It is the last bastion of free thinking left on the planet. 

I can't wait to transition from spectator to participant.  I come from a road racing background, we'll see how much applies.

Bob Holmes
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:57:09 PM by horsewidower »

gkabbt

« Reply #878 on: August 19, 2009, 05:11:07 AM »
I will agree with Horsewidower on this as it was my 1st time at Bonneville as well. I have told many friends that this was probably the coolest thing I have ever done in my 57 years on God's green earth. I definitely will be back and hopefully one year get the pickup I am working on out there.

As I have seen at Maxton, the thing that really blew me away is / was the friendliness, openness and camaraderie that was shown by most everyone I spoke with. Thanks to all for making this so special  :cheers:

Thanks,
Gregg Adams

Offline 2K10 SS

• New folks
« Reply #879 on: August 19, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »
  Well here it is, my first post. I'm Mike Largesse and I am a speedaholic. I've been drag racing for 28 years now and love it everytime I launch.  But this past month I tried LSR racing up in Loring, now I need a new fix.  I feel my first experience was extraordinary.  The car (2010 camaro ss/rs) ran great, the track was great, the people were great.  Can't wait to race again.
NEED FOR SPEED (164.9mph as of Loring 2010)
                        (186.9mph as of Loring July 2011)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #880 on: August 19, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Glad to meet you, Mike. Wait 'til you get on the salt at Bonneville-- it is even more exciting!  :-)

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline av8ford

• New folks
« Reply #881 on: August 21, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Mike Bishop here . . . After 16 years of four-wheel LSR racing involvement with Vern Tardel I'm heading for the 'light side' -- two-wheelers. I've had motorcycles in my life, off and on, since 1953 and was drawn back to them once again this year with a pit-bike project that evolved into the restoration of a vintage trials bike. My enjoyment of the project, plus the rising cost of racing on four wheels (and a failed sponsorship) lead me back to the scooters.

Thus far, the smaller displacement (125/175/250/350) classes interest me most from the standpoint of affordability. I saw lots of clever stuff in the motorcycle ranks at Speed Week this year and particularly like the idea of basing a bike on a late-model Honda CR125/250; I'd love to start with an RS125 but the initial cost of a road racer is beyond my budget, plus I'll probably learn more working with the less-potent CR. Involvement and participation are more important to me than records at this point.

I'll be looking for basic chassis setup info at the beginning, along with do's and don'ts and complete wave-offs for really bad ideas. So, please bear with me and I promise to respectfully pay attention and acknowledge experienced guidance and recommendations. TIA for your help.

Mike
Santa Rosa, California

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:27:01 PM by av8ford »
Mike

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #882 on: August 21, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »
Welcome, Mike!  Weren't you planning on a flathead pickup at one time?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline av8ford

• New folks
« Reply #883 on: August 21, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »
Welcome, Mike!  Weren't you planning on a flathead pickup at one time?

Mike

Yes, I was, but the project perished when sponsorship fell through -- couldn't afford to do it on my own nickel.

Mike
Mike

Offline dp9

• New folks
« Reply #884 on: August 27, 2009, 10:58:59 PM »
I'm Dan,  I'm just a guy from new jersey who doesnt know anything about racing at bonneville or el mirage.  I wanna race at bonneville, so i bought a rule book and I'm taking it from there.  figured i should keep my ear to the ground and get in here as well.