Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275228 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #840 on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »
 I will try however it is Taco night and homemade Taco's are my favorite..if I can't make it please talk about me in a bad way (like usual) as it warms my heart when i hear about it later. :cheers:

Glad to see you back online Lynda :wink:

J

Offline Xoecraft

• New folks
« Reply #841 on: July 21, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »
Hello to all. New Here ,found the site while looking up Tom Cobbs and Potvin info. Wanting to do an old fashion front of the motor crank driven blower., and trying to find pix and info on the coupler set ups.

Cheyenne

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #842 on: July 21, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
Do a search on this site. There was a pretty thorough discussion a short while ago with some good pictures. Even a couple with the parts all layed out.

Pete

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #843 on: July 22, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »
John --

How is Tiajuana on a Tuesday afternoon?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
Tijuana  :-D

I am a few hours north of the border and have not been there in some time...OK place to visit while it's light out... :cheers:

Offline dandruff

• New folks
« Reply #845 on: July 23, 2009, 05:04:54 AM »
My name is Dan, I am finally starting to build a 500cc 1948 Triumph to run at Bonneville. I have built engines, bikes, and cars and like the mechanical side of vehicles more than the aesthetic. What I am actually building is a modified grand prix engine in a stock 48 frame, and I am hoping to learn some things from the people on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:08:54 AM by dandruff »

Offline Papi

« Reply #846 on: July 23, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »
John, the real question is....are you going to make the chat line tonight?  Glen does every week!!
Lynda

What is the Chat Line?

Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #847 on: July 23, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »
Papi, The chat line is every Tuesday night. Just a whole lot of LSR people talking about LSR, and other things they fall in as well. It's a great place to find out about people in our sport and what they do. Racers,crew members the volunteers that make it happen and we get to pick on Noonan. Lynda is the security at the road to the salt. I have been going to the Salt since 1953. The last 24 years in the timing trailer at the Lakes and Bonneville. Join us next week at 7:00 PM Mountain time. You will enjoy the chat.Usually lasts about 3 hours.

On the website cover page just click on the chatTuesday  line and log in.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:25:06 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #848 on: July 23, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
XOECRAFT

Post #545 in the Build Diary has 2 fotos of the MoonEyes dragster wit a front mount Potvin.

FREUD
Since '63

gkabbt

« Reply #849 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:14 PM »
Hello all,

Name is Gregg Adams and I am from Nashville, NC which is 2 hours north of Maxton.

I have been a lurker here for about 4 years absorbing everything I can about LSR.

Been interested in cars since the 60's and helped a friend drag race in the 70's.
Always have been interested in any type of racing but this LSR stuff is probably the coolest. Been attending Maxton on and off for about 4 years and the bug has finally bitten...hard. I am currently working on a Dodge truck for MMP and hope to have it at Maxton in April, 2010.

I will be attending my 1st Speedweek this year. Excited is an extreme understatement. Even though I have been a long time lurker, I feel I know many of you. I am looking forward to meeting you, at Lands End, at Inspection, in the Pits, in Impound, at Salt Talks, etc.

For all travelling to the Salt, have a safe trip.
For all racing at Speedweek, have Fun, be Safe and go Fast.

Gregg

Jon,
Don't know if you remember me, but I moseyed up to you and Nancy at the April and June Maxton meets and made donations to this wonderful website.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:32:24 AM by gkabbt »

Offline 32vertex

• New folks
« Reply #850 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »
Hi all !

Erwin Planting, aka 32vertex, from the Netherlands here ! Been lurking here for a few weeks, and thought it was time to register. I am 42 years old, selfemployed Facility manager, married, two kids and a dog. Hotrodder in a oldskool kind a way, driving a 32 roadster, flathead Merc, with, you guessed it, a Vertex ignition amongst all other goodies.
I am in Trashers cc (www.trashers.nl) with six other hardcore guys, and we are in the early stages of building a belly tank lakester, destined for V4F class.
Follow our action on: www.trashersracingteam.blogspot.com
Since P38 Lockheed Lightning tanks were not exactly available here (frogfur is easier to obtain...) we acquired a tank from under early 70s F4 Phantom fighter. A bit smaller then the P38, so our tiniest clubmember is the designated jockey !
We are aiming for Speedweek 2011 so hope to see y'all on the Salt !

cheers
Erwin

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #851 on: July 24, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
Welcome Erwin, good to have you. Nice website, you might also think about doing a build diary here.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Xoecraft

• New folks
« Reply #852 on: July 24, 2009, 07:59:51 PM »
XOECRAFT

Post #545 in the Build Diary has 2 fotos of the MoonEyes dragster wit a front mount Potvin.

FREUD

great Thank you

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #853 on: July 25, 2009, 02:26:53 PM »
Hi all !

Erwin Planting, aka 32vertex, from the Netherlands here ! Been lurking here for a few weeks, and thought it was time to register. I am 42 years old, selfemployed Facility manager, married, two kids and a dog. Hotrodder in a oldskool kind a way, driving a 32 roadster, flathead Merc, with, you guessed it, a Vertex ignition amongst all other goodies.
I am in Trashers cc (www.trashers.nl) with six other hardcore guys, and we are in the early stages of building a belly tank lakester, destined for V4F class.
Follow our action on: www.trashersracingteam.blogspot.com
Since P38 Lockheed Lightning tanks were not exactly available here (frogfur is easier to obtain...) we acquired a tank from under early 70s F4 Phantom fighter. A bit smaller then the P38, so our tiniest clubmember is the designated jockey !
We are aiming for Speedweek 2011 so hope to see y'all on the Salt !

Wlcome to the lunacy Euro nutters
Great Init

cheers
Erwin
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline bboatman

« Reply #854 on: July 25, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
My name is Brian Boatman. I am the one that "Slim" said was renting out our basement (IN WEST WENDOVER, NEVADA) for the summer months of the salt flats racing. We'd love to have you and your crews stay at our place. We have a large basement bedroom *cool in the summer*, bathroom with a shower, sauna and a garage to protect your "ride". We are asking for $75.00 per night. If you'd like pictures of the accomodations, please get with me at 775-268-0316 or ke7fsz@yahoo.com . We look forward to hearing from you! Save some money to throw into the slot machines! :-D

NOTE: We are already booked August 8, 9, and 10th.

Brian and Roseanne Boatman  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:54:08 PM by bboatman »