Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267325 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »
Hello, my name's Joe Shaul. 

I've lived in Wendover, Utah for about 5 years now.  I am not a racer (I'm a partner in a small sign company out here in BFE), but am looking to increase my knowledge and involvement in the area since it's one of the top things Wendover's most renown for.  Although the bit about being "Davy Jones Locker" in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 kind of epitomizes life out here sometimes! 

Joe,

I can use some banners if you make them and can be competitive on pricing, email me at john@woessner-usa.com

Oh yeah, welcome to the site!

John

Offline joeshaul

• New folks
« Reply #646 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
And if you've lived there 5 years, you've seen absolutely all there is to see!! 

Every once in awhile something new and confusing comes along out here.  The KFC that couldn't serve fried chicken has to be the pinnacle though.

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #647 on: February 26, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
Hello, my name is Leslie Porterfield. I'm finally getting around to introducing myself! I like long walks on the beach, have a fondness for pizza.... Just kidding.
I own a used motorcycle, parts and accessories, and service dealership in Dallas. I love my job. I have way too many bikes (at least others think so). I ride offroad, street, anything... almost...
I've always been a huge fan of LSR and Bonneville. I bought a 2002 Busa with plans to Turbocharge it and take it to Bonneville. When I got completely lost with my project, I was lucky enough to find Scott Horner ( Head's Up) and Rhys Griffiths (Apex) to save my butt. They have built a great bike for me, and I consider them part of my unconventional (perhaps dysfunctional) family now! I owe them a lot!
I went to the salt for the first time in 2007, and bailed off the bike spectacularly. I had to make a big spectacle- break ribs, get a fancy helicopter ride to the hospital...
2008 was a much better year. At Speedweek, we set a record at 209.046mph on the Busa naked- putting me as the first woman on a conventional motorcycle in the 200mph club! We went back for more at BUB for AMA and FIM records- a 2000cc class record faired at 232.523mph, and production 100cc record at 192.930 on a Honda CBR1000 that was borrowed from Honda.  :-D
This year I'll be back on the salt. I can't wait. I feel very fortunate to be living out a dream. I'm more fortunate to have met such great people and friends through this racing experience.
I started riding bikes at 16. I love them. I also scuba dive, ride horses, volunteer at the local Humane Society and Habitat for Humanity, roadrace cars, and am putting together a all-girl team to race the Baja 1000 this year. I took a hiatus from the motorcycle industry from 2001 to 2005. During that time I built houses. I GC'd many constructions and remodels. I did much of the work myself and enjoyed it. I'm so glad to be back around my true passion though.
My big plans are now to strive to do better and go faster!
Fastest Record of any woman on a motorcycle in the world
FIM 232mph 2000MPSBF record, 192mph 1000PP record
200mph club Naked!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #648 on: February 26, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »
..........My big plans are now to strive to do better and go faster!........

............and I'm sure you will.  Welcome and be sure and keep us up to-date on the Baja thing.  Something I really wanted to do when I was younger and didn't and regret it, so keep with that dream,

Sum

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #649 on: February 26, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
and production 100cc record at 192.930 !

Leslie,

We know who you are, you and Al rock!   :cheers:

Anyone that can get a 100cc bike over 190mph rocks!   :-D

See you soon.

J

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #650 on: February 26, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »
Hey Leslie, its official, your part of our family here, of course you already were. Looking forward to seeing you at Bonneville. And Goliad?

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #651 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

http://www.leslieporterfield.com/ and http://www.highfivecycles.com/

Leslie, it's nice to see you here. Don't feel you have to be too humble. You've worked hard, and you truly rock.

So you deny that the helicopter ride was actually not an attention-getting stunt, huh?

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #652 on: February 26, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »

............and I'm sure you will.  Welcome and be sure and keep us up to-date on the Baja thing.  Something I really wanted to do when I was younger and didn't and regret it, so keep with that dream,

Sum

What type of vehicle in Baja?  My friend is riding down there right now, he used to race it and now just rides the course every year.  Anywhere between 200-250 mile a day. 

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #653 on: February 26, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
Hi Leslie. Welcome to our humble abode.  :cheers:
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #654 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »

Sum

What type of vehicle in Baja?  My friend is riding down there right now, he used to race it and now just rides the course every year.  Anywhere between 200-250 mile a day. 

A bike,

Sum

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #655 on: February 26, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
and production 100cc record at 192.930 !

Leslie,

We know who you are, you and Al rock!   :cheers:

Anyone that can get a 100cc bike over 190mph rocks!   :-D

See you soon.

J

John, I think that happened during the helo ride,  :-D  it slipped off the rope  :-o
Just kidding folks, most of us can recognize a minor typo  :roll: but always feel the need to needle...  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #656 on: February 26, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »
Nice hat young lady...........    :wink:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline HighFiveCycles

• High Five Cycles
« Reply #657 on: February 28, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
Oops... blonde moment! Correction- 1000cc. It would have been a much bigger accomplishment on a 100cc!
The helicopter ride wasn't very scenic, considering I was strapped to a backboard at the time. I thought it should have included more sightseeing for what it cost!
I've pre ridden the Baja course, but this will be my first time racing it. Hopefully I'll get everything together in time! I think we'll be riding a CRF450.
Fred- I plan on going to Goliad. I haven't run the bike at all since October, which was my first time to run it on the Mile. It should be some good testing and tuning time for me. I'm excited about having a 3 day event there! Are you going?
Fastest Record of any woman on a motorcycle in the world
FIM 232mph 2000MPSBF record, 192mph 1000PP record
200mph club Naked!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #658 on: February 28, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
Oops... blonde moment! Correction- 1000cc. It would have been a much bigger accomplishment on a 100cc!
The helicopter ride wasn't very scenic, considering I was strapped to a backboard at the time. I thought it should have included more sightseeing for what it cost!
I've pre ridden the Baja course, but this will be my first time racing it. Hopefully I'll get everything together in time! I think we'll be riding a CRF450.
Fred- I plan on going to Goliad. I haven't run the bike at all since October, which was my first time to run it on the Mile. It should be some good testing and tuning time for me. I'm excited about having a 3 day event there! Are you going?

That is the top dog right now for the baja, well maybe just the riders.  The X is a great bike. :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #659 on: February 28, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »
Leslie, yes we are going, we will be there Sat. morning, cant get away Fri. It will be my first time racing there.  Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing