Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273092 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #630 on: February 22, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
Randy, good to see you are on line, I remember when your dad brought the car to El Mirage the 1st time. As the timer at that time at the lakes and Bonneville I fell in love with the car. Hope you can put something together and run it soon. Welcome to the forum.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline randyr

• New folks
« Reply #631 on: February 22, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
DW and Glen.
 Thanks. I cant wait to get back out there. I need to get the car out here to Oklahoma and work on it. I am working on doing that. Maybe my son and I can do this together, now that he is older and so am I, ouch. We will see.
 Thanks for saying howdy.
 Randy

Offline J_Rod

• New folks
« Reply #632 on: February 22, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
Hi, I am Jared McPeek.

I am a gearhead, and have built a 65 Lemans, 57 Corvette, and currently working on a 30 Model A hot rod.
I have never been to a land racing event, but I am wanting to build a land speed car within the next year or so. I am wanting to see 200mph.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #633 on: February 22, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
J_Rod, welcome to the forum. Could you give us a little more info on what your plans are and what you want to build. It would also help if you include the city and state you live in. That way we might have some one in the area that can help you out.

You can get a lot of questions answered here or where to go for the answers.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline J_Rod

• New folks
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
I am located in Aurora Indiana, 20 miles out of Cincinnati Ohio. I am like most people, my goal is the 200mph club.

I am wanting to build up either a pontiac solstice if I can find one on the cheap or I could use what I already have and use a 57 corvette shell although I was wanting to sell that.

I know I  need to purchase a rulebook to know where I need to start at, however, I have not seen any for sale at the salt flat website.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
The 2009 rule book will be available soon.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: February 23, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
J_Rod
Go to the www.scta-bni.org web site and you can order it direct. They just came in from the printers.
Good luck on what ever you build. Tomorrow night we have our weekly chat line. Go to the home page and sign up. It's free and it's fun. 7:00 pm.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline J_Rod

• New folks
« Reply #637 on: February 23, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
So to get the rule book, I buy the membership, even though I wont have my car ready for speed week this year?

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #638 on: February 23, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »
You dont have to join SCTA to get a rule book, you can just buy a rule book.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline tbcworks

• New folks
« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
Hello, my name is Tim Bradham and have a shop in Fayetteville, NC (Tim Bradham's Chassis Works) tbcworks.com i have been building Chassis's for nearly 20 Yrs now, from 25.1 to SCCA. I've always wanted to build a all out car "Slatflat Style" and now i'm in the stages of building a 95 Trans Am to run at Maxton NC. I've built drag cars that have run 7's @ near 200 mph in the quarter, but i think this will be a whole new animal. I've talked to Joe of the ECTA and i must say, he is one hell of nice guy. I have a crew of great people that will be coming and racing right along with me. We will at the Maxton events with a couple of cars and bikes, and will be working thru the year on the Trans Am, with hopes to run it next year.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:20:49 PM by tbcworks »

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
Welcome to LSR racing. Joe Timney will be a great resource for you.
Enjoy the fellowship and hope you find the challenge to your liking.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline jim demmitt jnr

• New folks
« Reply #641 on: February 25, 2009, 02:50:41 AM »
hello all Im SORRY  don't hate me , Kent  you are truly  a ledgend and Im a johnny come lately ,teach me to be humble and quietly spoken  like yourself ,I think placing ones self up on a pedistal and being a loud mouthed know it all is not the best way to impress so forgive me
a changed Jim Demmitt Jnr
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:17:04 AM by jim demmitt jnr »

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #642 on: February 25, 2009, 03:08:26 AM »
hello , this is the real jim demmitt signing in, I see i have an imposter on board  not happy Jan

what!!!! you just apologised for your lying on another thread and here you claim identity theft.... again(2nd time).... go away troll...
Kent
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:15:32 AM by 1212FBGS »

Offline joeshaul

• New folks
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:42 PM »
Hello, my name's Joe Shaul. 

I've lived in Wendover, Utah for about 5 years now.  I am not a racer (I'm a partner in a small sign company out here in BFE), but am looking to increase my knowledge and involvement in the area since it's one of the top things Wendover's most renown for.  Although the bit about being "Davy Jones Locker" in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 kind of epitomizes life out here sometimes! 

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
And if you've lived there 5 years, you've seen absolutely all there is to see!!  Unless, of course, you lost the directions to the salt flats!  :-o  I've lived there, been there, done that, moved away!!! (thank goodness!)  Welcome to the forum.  Be sure to spend time on the salt during the races...I might even be nice as you come through the gate during Speedweek!
Nice....hmmmm.....nah, not very likely!!  But come ahead on anyway!!  New people are always welcome, just be sure to bring your sense of humor along with you!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!