Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275368 times)

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #615 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
Did you miss me??????
For some unknown reason I can not get back to the forum using Bak189............so my new handle
is now 1194.................................................................
Maybe you people are trying to tell me something..............you loose.... I am back with any and all sidecar stuff......................................................

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Gosh, maybe you met your quota of replies!!  :roll: or....gremlins got in your computer!! Anyway, welcome back!
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »
Did you miss me??????
For some unknown reason I can not get back to the forum using Bak189............so my new handle
Maybe you people are trying to tell me something..............you loose.... I am back with any and all sidecar stuff......................................................

Bob,

What did I "loose?" some spare change?    :wink:

Welcome back...and hang loose.

J

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »
Did you miss me??????

Hey, did someone fat finger the keys and pitch bak instead of BlownT(urd)bird  :?
Did ya forget your password after all these years  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Derek Mitchell

• New folks
« Reply #619 on: February 20, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
Derek Mitchell

Mechanic by trade and hobby.

Hoping to finally get to the salt this year, been waiting 6 years.

Maybe in a few years my own car.

Making things faster takes up all my time. :-D
I don't have anything cool to say.

Offline MAZDA1807

« Reply #620 on: February 20, 2009, 09:24:56 PM »
Hello Derek, welcome to Landracing.com.  My name is Peter.  what you said sure sounds familiar to me.  It also takes all of my time to make my cars goo fast.
80ci,264.7 RWHP, 19.2sq.ft. of frontal area, 175.611, NOTBAD

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #621 on: February 20, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
Hey Derek welcome.
Boy are you in trouble. You live in the hot bed of lsr. It's going to ruin your life!  :-D
Really this is a great sport and the old guys keep saying no young guys are getting
involved. So show them they are wrong. Looking forward to meeting you.
Don't forget you can shoot out to El Mirage 6 times a year and see alot of the same
cars that run on the salt. It's only an hour an d a half away too.

Welcome again.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Johnny KCK

• New folks
« Reply #622 on: February 20, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »
Hi, my name is Johnny and i live in San Jose, ca. I'll be 40 in three weeks, I own a custom car/bike shop in San Jose.
I just joined the SCTA an Feb. 2.'09 and I plan on racing a motorcyle at El Mirage. It will me based on a Evo Sportster.
I know i will be able to learn a lot on this forum and maybe I'll even be able to contribute a thing here or there.

Offline Derek Mitchell

• New folks
« Reply #623 on: February 21, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »
Thanks guys, glad to be here.

Not that young at 35, but not to old either, somewhere right between.  :-D

I've been trying to get to El Mirage too, but just can't seem to get the weekends straight with all the other shit in my life. Once the kids get older, I'll have plenty time to spare.

It already has ruined my life. But in a good way I hope. :cheers:
I don't have anything cool to say.

Offline coolgent01

• New folks
« Reply #624 on: February 21, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
Hello Everyone...... My name is Steve Harrelson and I am in Oregon... Have been a longtime Bonniville spectator.... Been a couple of times .. Was at the 82 meet with my wife and got totally hooked...... Built a couple of cars but ran out of money and time,and then my wife kept getting pregnant( her fault)...Lost a few years and been trying to get caught up...Was in Iraq and Afghanistan and came home and retired in 2007...... Gonna be on the salt in 2009,and hopefully a few more... I want to thank all of you for helping get my old country butt back up to speed, My thanks to Dynoroom and Dwarnar,for their imput on a serch I was doing.... Thanks again

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #625 on: February 21, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »
Welcome and you're welcome......  :-D
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Spoon

« Reply #626 on: February 22, 2009, 04:10:20 AM »
My name is Henrik and I´m a 29year old swedish guy.
I hope that one day I can take a flight over to the US and visit Bonneville Speedweek.  :-)
My biggest intrest here in life are vintage cars and bikes. I own a Chevrolet Pickup -50, VW rod -63, Volvo 145 Aut -68, Triumph 750cc -50 and a Svalan 75LYX -51.
The volkswagen is under construction right now and landspeedracing have inspired me a lot in the building of this car. I hope I can get a little help whit some questions about how the cars painting was in the mid 60's.

Kindly Regards, Henrik

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #627 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:23 AM »
coolgent01---thanks for your service to for our country :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline randyr

• New folks
« Reply #628 on: February 22, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »
Hello. My name is Randy Rannberg. Its been a while since I was at Bonneville, and would like to bring the liner out again, but not sure if it will be electric or not. But thats all I have had for power being on the salt. It may be hard to do the internal combustion thing... :-D... But I miss being there and the people mostly. You are the best there is to be around. My Dad loved it there when he was alive, and I do as well.
 Have to see what happens, I am in Oklahoma now and the liner is in California. It may take awhile to get everything in order, I hope not to long so I dont miss to much. I need the sun....
 Thank you !!!

dwarner

« Reply #629 on: February 22, 2009, 10:46:03 AM »
Randy,

Welcome back. This is a good group and I am sure you will have plenty to add with your experience.

DW