Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267618 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #585 on: February 03, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
Eric;

Unless I'm mistaken, Keith Turk is very familiar with Ft. Rucker!

Welcome to LSR-- see you on the salt.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #586 on: February 03, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
Eric, welcome to the forum. The president of ECTA lives in Alabama as well. He might be able to help you connect to the right people down there. Look on the ECTA web site on the cover page for contact info on him.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #587 on: February 03, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
In '08 there was  Mini "convention" at World of Speed.  There must have been a dozen or more.  I remember seeing them congregated at the Bend in the Road at the end of the day(s).  That would have been a great place for you, of course -- and now that it's over -- well, you might be able to get some contact information by asking USFRA.  Wes -- can you/will you?  As I remember the Minis were running in the 130 Club or maybe 150 Club events.  I haven't looked at the results of the event - so don't know if there are car brands/models posted so it'd be easy for you to do the research.  But anyway -- Minis have run at the Salt.  "Modern" Minis, that is.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline t russell

« Reply #588 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
Eric Welcome if you go any where near Keith you will be hooked.(not so bad)
come up to maxton.
terry

Offline nova man

• New folks
« Reply #589 on: February 03, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »
Thanks to all .... Hope all a great new year.. Eric

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #590 on: February 04, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »
Hi guys. 
I am a member of the Ohio Sate University Buckeye Bullet 2 race team. I have probably met some of you on the salt over the last two years, especially if you brought anything over to our pit area to get welded. Yeah, I'm the "nontraditional mature (46 years young!) student" who is majoring in Welding Engineering.
It has been a real pleasure to help the other teams in any way we could and I'm looking forward to being out there again this year.

George Willard
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:08:23 PM by Gwillard »
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline Geo

« Reply #591 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
Hi Gwillard,

Welcome to the forum.  I hope to meet you too.

I am the very nontraditional student taking Welding 101 at the senior age level.  You are the master... I am the student...   :-D

Geo

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #592 on: February 04, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum Gwillard. Glad you could join us.  Your timing is terrific!  There was a question asked about the plans for the "Buckeye Bullet II"; will it be coming to the salt again this year; have they fixed any of the problems from last year; yadda, yadda, yadda?  I know the thread is somewhere, but you can always start a new one!  Anyway, welcome again and I hope to see you on the salt again this year.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline DSR Bruts

• Salt Fever Reliever 1
« Reply #593 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:28 PM »
Gwillard....Welcome to the fun site where your friends and enthusiasm will multiply.....especially if you are a welder.  My son Ross is on a couple of the teams at University of Misslouri at Rolla (Mechanical Engineering and Masters In Aeronautical Engineering)....he is the other Brutsman on the 779 D/STR.  It is a great testimony to engineering students everywhere seeing the way you guys built the car and handle yourselves.  Ross came over to your pits at Speedweek and met a few of you guys and was very interested in your car.....  We will come over and introduce ourselves at Speedweek....we are members of the San Diego Roadster Club with the lifted black Suburban and the orange '27 highboy.
Bill and Ross Brutsman
778 D/STR
SDRC, BNI, SCTA, NSRA, SEMA
De Oppresso Liber

Offline Gwillard

« Reply #594 on: February 04, 2009, 10:19:29 PM »
Geo, DSR, Lynda... thanks for the welcome.  :-)
We are planning on being on the salt again. We find ourselves in the same boat as everyone else with the economy going downhill. As you all know, sponsorship dollars make things happen and with everyone tightening the purse strings it means we have to work that much harder for every dollar.
As far as the car goes, we did manage to isolate a BIG problem with the electronics and have eliminated it. No major changes to the car this year, just a good cleaning and checkup so we can spend our time next spring and summer at the test track and on the dyno rather than rebuilding a race car.
~George
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Cuder

« Reply #595 on: February 04, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »
Hi, my name is Dale Gullett. My first time on the Salt was 2003 with my brother Cliff. My family, friends and I plan to return for Speed Week and run another bike this year.

dwarner

« Reply #596 on: February 05, 2009, 01:30:41 AM »
Welcome Dale.

As you are well aware everyone was saddened by the lost of your brother. I hope you find LSR and the people as satisfying as Cliff did.

DW

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #597 on: February 05, 2009, 02:49:02 AM »
Hi, my name is Dale Gullett. My first time on the Salt was 2003 with my brother Cliff. My family, friends and I plan to return for Speed Week and run another bike this year.

Dale,

Welcome.

Make sure to bring Casey and Leanne   :cheers: :-D :cheers:

Cuder

« Reply #598 on: February 05, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »
John,
LeAnne and the kids will definitely be with us.
Thanks

Offline Hooligans Motorcycles

• New folks
  • No guts, no glory...
« Reply #599 on: February 05, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
Hi everyone, Im Pierre,

born in Canada, I started that love relationship with motorcycles a while ago.

I raced, build and crashed my fair share of bikes and race cars over the last 20 years.

I own a little shop where we build "streetfighters" ie: Take the smallest, lightest frame you can, slap some GP bike suspensions on it, and you get 190whp in a 165 kg bike.

I am making a comeback to racing this year, A couple of AMA flattrack events and Bonneville...

Now , in the process of adapting one of my oldschool streetfighters for the salt , and I will obviously  need some tips from you guys knowing how to keep the God of speed happy...

I travel for work (real job that pays the bills), but you can find me either in Montreal with my daughter or in Florida.

I used to have a picture of "Blue flame" and oldschool lakesters on my bedroom walls when I was 6-7 yo, So youll understand I have been dreaming of Bonneville for a while, Now its time to go ...

Pierre.
Hooligans Motorcycles LLC.

Pierre.