Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275972 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #465 on: December 18, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »
...Wilcox, go to www.photobucket.com and register there, set up an album and then you can link photos from there by selecting the image icon when you are writing a post and cut and pasting the link to your photo at p'bucket between the [IMG] banners.....
DrG
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #466 on: December 18, 2008, 02:26:38 AM »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:54:05 AM by wilcox garage »
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #467 on: December 18, 2008, 02:50:33 AM »
I think i got it thanks Dr G.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:56:33 AM by wilcox garage »
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #468 on: December 18, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
Nice car, you are probably going to have to reduce the size of the pic to smallest to get it into the avatar.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #469 on: December 18, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
Looks like you have it figured out.. :-D

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #470 on: December 18, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »
Yeah, it only took me a couple of months to figure it out and get it done. :-o
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline doug

« Reply #471 on: December 18, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
I have been lurking here since 2004.  This site is one of my top 3 (jalopnik,HAMB) to look at every day.  I have sucked up plenty of bandwidth in the last 4+ years.  Hopefully my previous contributions have covered it.  2004 was also my first year on the salt.  I was going to help my uncle with his car and have been fortunate enough to get to participate since then.  In 2006, I was unfortunate and went shiny side down.  It has been the biggest thrill of my life to get the opportunity to do this.  I can't get enough of LSR.  Yes, I have the sickness.  I hope I can add to the value of this great site.  I, like many, missed it when it was down in March.
Doug

Offline Luckyontheducky

« Reply #472 on: December 19, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
Last year, a friend of mine in Wichita, Ks introduced me to Bob Steele, who in turn introduced me to Max Lambky.  2008 was my first trip to the 'great white dyno' and now my long time friend 'tzoom' and I are beginning to think about contemplating something to haul out there.  I have been lurking for several months but decided to take the plunge and introduce myself.  See ya' there!

Todd Puckett
Savannah, Ga

Offline MiltonP

Re: Introduce Yourself - Paypal back in Order
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
Okay,  I sent a contribution via the instructions on the site.  Hope it helps a little and hope to do more down the road.  Have a good holiday folks.  Now to go figure out that photobucket deal!  :wink:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2008, 03:27:46 PM »
Welcome Todd, Tzoom and Milton, and anyone else I might have missed.  Todd, the duc would be fun to ride a Bub.... I am thinking of taking the 1000 if I can squeak it into the rules...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2008, 10:50:09 PM »
Welcome GUYS---it is an addiction---I am working on my two kids and my grand KIDS----JD and Tom and others---can't have all the fun!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gidge348

« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »
Ian Wood from Australia.
Been involved in Motor racing of one type or another for about 30+ years getting too old (and unfit) to be banging wheels on speedway, or rallying.

Went to Lake Gairdner in South Australia a few years ago and got a big rush of blood, love the engineering challenges of these things, so bought a Gas turbine and in the process of building a streamliner.

Still trying to get me head around a lot of the intricacies of these things, they seem to all back to front from what I am used to.

All race cars are as light as the rules will allow……Right?

Polar moments are as low as possible….. Right?

Plenty of down force forget drag…. Right?

Widest tyres… traction is everything….Right?

Plenty of lock on high speed steering…..Right?

….WRONG……

Oh well plenty of time on the drawing board (cad) to come....

Offline dickj

« Reply #477 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »
All posts indicate whether the writer is a "Newbie", "Full Member", "Hero Member", etc.  I've searched the site over and over to try and figure out how these "ranks" are determined but haven't found it yet. I'm sure it must be based on number of posts, or time on line, but I was wondering where the breaks are.  Anybody know?  Dick J

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #478 on: December 29, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »
All posts indicate whether the writer is a "Newbie", "Full Member", "Hero Member", etc.  I've searched the site over and over to try and figure out how these "ranks" are determined but haven't found it yet. I'm sure it must be based on number of posts, or time on line, but I was wondering where the breaks are.  Anybody know?  Dick J

Quite you newbie...only talk amongst the rest of your kind... :-D

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #479 on: December 29, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »
Texas Dick, post count, but that part is not really too important, being a hero member doesn't make your posts any more valid than being a newbie on the site.  Lately a few old LSR guys signed up here and are newbies while a LSR newbie signed up and posted so much he was a hero member.  Don't let the titles steer you astray.  Post count does not always show you know something.... enjoy LSR, we are all here to have fun between races  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O