Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275222 times)

Offline GH

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #420 on: November 13, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
Joe, I tryed your email and it wouldn't go through. Is it correct?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #421 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:49 AM »
Gary, his profile shows jc1racing@aol.com
A minor typo with the caps key in his first post, give that one a try...  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freaksize

• New folks
How u all are?
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
Am new to the forum, but hanging around SCTA events for 2 seasons now. Was on Willie and Sherry's crew in Bonneville. Have a couple of bikes and  ride to events. Would like to race, but dunno if finances will allow......mebee next year?
Sincerely,
¸..· ´¨¨))  -:¦:-
         ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
       ((¸¸.·´  ..·´   -:¦:-  Mike Brewer
     -:¦:-    ((¸¸.·´*

Offline slepe67

« Reply #423 on: November 22, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »
Hey there, I've been lurking around in here off and on for about 6 months.  I found this site via the HAMB.  I had a 67 Mustang (hence the user name), and drag raced it a bit between 97-99, then joined the military, parked it, and let it sit till 2004, when I drug if from my dad's ranch in Montana, to my current home in NW Florida.  I performed a full restoration-modification, and when I was about halfway done, I fond a 32 Roadster.  Well, I JUST sold the Mustang, and am building the 'glass roadster to have fun with primarily, yet plan to LSR it occasionally.  No 200 mph club for this cat.  YET.  Just a fun hot rod.  Anywho, I'll be posting some stupid questions later;)   JL
1932 FORD 5 WINDOW COUPE, ORIGNAL
302 SBF, 4 Speed Top Loader

MONTANA BORN & RAISED, STATIONED IN FL

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #424 on: November 22, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »
JL, welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about your build as you go along. You have several LSR racers in your area and should be of help. This site is super for all hotrodding. Join our chat line on Tuesday night at 7:00 pm Mountain time. We have a lot of fun and even answer real questions.

For myself I have been doing the LSR thing since 1953 and was the Chief timer at El Mirage and Bonneville
I moved to Utah and Now do the announcing and course control and safety on the salt for BNI.

Enjoy the site. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline bvillercr

Re: How u all are?
« Reply #425 on: November 22, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »
Am new to the forum, but hanging around SCTA events for 2 seasons now. Was on Willie and Sherry's crew in Bonneville. Have a couple of bikes and  ride to events. Would like to race, but dunno if finances will allow......mebee next year?

When I met willie last weekend he spoke about how large all his friends were and pointed them out.  You must have been one of them hence your name.  Welcome.  Troy

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #426 on: November 22, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
Welcome JL
You will find a wealth of knowledge here to help you with any questions.  This forum is a bottomless well of help and information with everyone willing to share their knowledge and experience.  Enjoy!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #427 on: November 22, 2008, 01:06:04 PM »
Hey Troy,
He was the one that we call BIG MIKE - Hence the name "Freak size".

Sheri Buchta
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:20:26 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #428 on: November 22, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
Mike and Patty,
Thanks for all of your support for the last couple of years. You will never know how much it has meant to us to have you there.
When you do decide that you want to race I am sure that we can find room in the trailer. :cheers:

Love Willie and Sheri

Offline t russell

« Reply #429 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
welcome JL.Joe Timney owns Delaware Chassis works.He has covers. Come to maxton this spring look at the cars.
terry

Offline Tonerjockey

« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Hi,

H.Alex Balogi here. Retired last year from "Big Computer Company" and put my lump sum pention in stocks. WHOOOEEEE! Now trying to spend what I have left before I am completely broke. Racing should do it.

Got started last year when buddy Glen challenged me to wire up his lakester's computer system, engine, and instruments. Went to 2007 Finals and got hooked.

I've never met a more inclusive, lively, and generaly nuts group of people in my life and hope to be able to contribute in some small way.

I've owned and maintained Moto Guzzi's for almost 40 years and am now trying to figure out how to make a 35 year old Mojo Jacuzzi go fast.

See ya there...

Tonerjockey

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:44:44 PM by Tonerjockey »
750cc P-PP (73 Guzzi V7 Sport - Porco Rosso)
50cc SC  (Weed Whacker)
100cc SC  (Heat Lightning)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #431 on: November 23, 2008, 03:46:20 PM »
Toner, welcome to the forum, now stop dragging your feet and get the MG running, Don't forget to join our chat line on Tuesday nights.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Boostedballs

« Reply #432 on: November 23, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
Hi there, this is Charles Deardorff, or Boostedballs.
I have an itch for going really fast. I grew up watching Dukes of Hazzard, Night Rider, The Fall Guy, The A Team, etc. My parents should not have been so surprised when I got my first speeding ticket, and second, and third...

I tend to turbocharge everything I get my hands on. Currently, I am turbocharging a 1973 Harley Ironhead Sportster and a 1975 Chevy Monza. Drag racing and rallycross have been my thing for a long time but after Speed Week this year to watch the cars run on the salt for the first time, I have a new passion. It was nice to see a Monza going over 200mph, talk about motivation to get my project done!
I also saw a familiar face, Mike Dawson, of JD Machine in Lake Havasu. I used to work for Mike, Jim and Vicki at JD Machine a few years back and I loved it. I learned a lot from those guys.
Anyway, the Monza has a turbocharged, fuel injected 1994 LT1 coupled to a 5 speed and I am currently setting up the 9" Ford rear. I have a long grocery list of things that need to be done to the car before I can get it on the salt. I am shooting for Speed Week 09. That's a tall order: I don't have a roll cage, ANY safety gear, needs lots of wiring, fabricate a 3 link rear, tune the ecm, install entire fuel system, custom fabricate entire nose section, etc.
I really don't even know what class I will be running in. I know the turbocharger and the body work puts me into a class that I cannot actually compete in, but I'm not expecting to break any records just yet. First thing's first- and that is to break 200mph.

If you don't see me at Speed Week with my Monza, it's probably because I ran out of time. In which case, hopefully I will be there with a Hayabusa, evidence of a last minute bailout of the Monza project in favor of something less time-consuming to meet the rule book.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:57:07 PM by Boostedballs »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #433 on: November 23, 2008, 06:39:45 PM »
Toner---
Where in the world are you?  You didn't list that in your personal stuff, and sometimes there's someone surprisingly near you that knows something about LSR that might help you.  There are one or two Moto Guzzi folks in the sport -- including Mike Rich (well, he's not a racer but builds Guzzi motors for racing, and used to be a builder for Nancy and me).  There's also Tom Liberatore, who races under the name Peter Pepperoni and has a Bonneville record or two on his M-G.

Glad to see you on the forum.  Don't be a lurker -- join in frequently and learn some stuff about the gang of idiots that hangs out on the site.

Welcome, for sure.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tonerjockey

« Reply #434 on: November 23, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »
Hey SSS,

I'm in San Jose Ca.

I've done business with, and talked to, Mike R. He's provided me with some interesting ideas concerning an exotic cam that I hope to someday make work for me.

I am chasing one of Tom's records. I haven't met Tom yet but would like to. I have a picture of his bike at Bonneville as a desktop background. That picture has been a real motivator to me ... a great Guzzi IMHO.

Another inspirational Guzzi to me is Bill Ross' Mandello Meteor of Team Subtle Crowbar...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll Be sure to pipe up... if I have anything quasi intelligent to say.

Tonerjockey
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:36:06 PM by Tonerjockey »
750cc P-PP (73 Guzzi V7 Sport - Porco Rosso)
50cc SC  (Weed Whacker)
100cc SC  (Heat Lightning)