Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267172 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
may be Landsend Lynda to herself---but to Andy & I each morning  she is "Good Morining LOVELY LUCIOUS LINDA"-- :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline GH

« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »
We met your daughter at the WOS a couple of years ago, she was security at night, she's a peach. Something about that oversized chicken that spooked here. You sure do a great job at the gate, I got to drive by you when leaving last August with a big smile (set a record and didn't break the engine this year.) See you at speedweek.

Offline hoodrat

• New folks
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2008, 09:01:46 AM »
hello to everyone,

lurker coming out of the dark here.  love anything speed related  went to el mirage 20 years ago but then life got in the way  am into bikes now and really enjoy reading all the build posts  willie and sherri's posts are VERY informative  wish i had 1/10th his skills  got a '80 cb750 that needs the LS treatment  will be at elmo in october to look. learn and listen

thanks

mark

Offline willieworld

« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »
Mark    Thanks for the compliments. Good to know that our posts are being appreciated. Kinda makes the trip worthwhile. If you go to El Mirage look us up. Just look for the white mailboxes and come on in. I think beef stew will be the dinner choice for the month on Saturday night after the course walk. Whatever it is, you are welcome to join us.

Willie and Sheri
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline hoodrat

• New folks
« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »
thank you willie and sheri  will do  would really like to see both of your bikes up close  beautiful machines

mark

Offline LIGGAN

• New folks
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
Hello everyone...... My name is Drew Liggan. I'm 32 years old and have been going to the races at El Mirage since I was around 13 or so. I bought my first car when I was 15 years old and still own it to this day...........thats why I'm here......it's about time I get off my a$$ and do something. The car is a 55 studebaker that I've started and stopped working on too many times to say. Like any project.........got the time...no money......or vise versa. I look forward to talking to you and hope you guys don't mind me asking alot of questions.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »
Drew, welcome and ask any questions you want on the build. Lots of help here. Keep us posted on the build.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline slimjim

« Reply #382 on: October 17, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
Hello,
  I've got a lot of questions to ask but I guess I'd better start here first. My name is Jim Hoogerhyde and I made my rookie run at Speedweek in 2007. I was riding a friends 350cc pushrod bike and it was enough to hook me bad. We went 103mph and it was enough to set a record. I was shocked that we set a record and now that trophy is the most coveted one on my shelf. I've been road racing and flat tracking for 15 years and just wrapped up a national championship with AHRMA in the Supermono class and am looking for a new challenge. I returned this year for the Bub event and ran my 600cc street bike just to bump my license up to a "C". We went 153mph this year and while that was great it just hooked me even worse and two days ago I ended up buying a 1000cc GSXR. I'm selling off all the street bits and building a dedicated Bonneville bike. I'm guessing I'll run it in MPS-G but I just have a personal goal of going 200mph.
   I guess that about covers it and I'll get cracking on all my dumb questions now. Thanks for providing this forum as I'm hoping it will save me at least a little bit of heartbreaking lessons over the next few years.
Jim

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
Welcome Jim, always good to have another bike guy/Suzuki guy. As they say there are no dumb questions.
Good luck with your project. Are you gouing to run Speedweek/SCTA, Bub, or both.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2008, 01:50:24 AM »
Welcome Jim.

BTW,

Turbo it.. :cheers:

J

Offline TYSON

• New folks
    • Perth Street Bikes
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
Heyya Guys and Girls,

Finally got around to signing up. I'm new to LSR but planning to pop my cherry in South Australia early next year. I'm in the middle of building a Turbo Busa that i will also use for the drags seeing as we only have one LS event here each year.

I've got a bit of a blog of the build going. http://www.hiboosta.com/

Cheers and look forward to chatting with you all.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
Jim and Tyson, welcome to the forum, there are no dumb questions although you may get some dumb answers from some of us in the peanut gallery...  :-D

You both have picked tough classes and breaking any of the records in those classes will likely result in a 2 club hat from DRLA or Bonneville...  :wink:
Have fun and see ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline maj

« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »
Been a while since i looked in here, welcome to all the new guys  :cheers: (probably about 20 pages of.. :-D)

Tyson look forward to seeing the finished product in March  8-)

Offline ziggy12345

• New folks
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2008, 02:52:15 AM »
Hi

I am ziggy12345 and I run the website www.fast-rc.co.uk. We are a small bunch of RC car enthusiasts that have got together to try to set land speed records for remote controlled cars. We have formed and association called ROSSA (Remote Operated Scale Speed Association) and we organise championships for classes of RC cars.

This year we had 2 events, one in the UK at Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston and the other in the USA at Rockingham Dragway, North Carolina. Bother were well attended and we managed to set a new overall speed record for an RC car at 161.83mph. It was set by Nic Case of the USA.

We are already planning next years event and there are many cars being developed to break the existing record.

If anybody is interested in RC cars for speed records please visit the website. See you there!

Ziggy12345
ROSSA Chairman

saltfever

« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2008, 04:59:40 AM »
Just got a chance to look at your blog. Nice project and some beautiful NC machine work on that pan. All the best of luck   :-)